Sign in to follow this  
Guest stems

New to Airbus need help

Guest stems

After a few years not flying I decided to come back but with the airbus this time. I started off with the training flight and I encountered a few problems. When I try to enter anyting in the VIA/GO in the MCDU I will receive an error not correct format, I tried this at different points and never succeeded.I noticed the following:-1. In the training flight it is not mentioned that I have to set the vertical speed, without it I had all mishaps. Do I need to set this ?2. It seems that if I look at the MCDU while in flight the airbus will become uncontrollable, is this normal ?3. The turns are very steep, is there a way to control these, with the Boeing these can be set.Are there any patches that I may apply to improve the Airbus ?

Guest Niels_C

The nav data in the supplied trainingflights may be outdated. Try if you can locate a more up to date flight at PSS' or others website. www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbuscould very well be your one stop shop.Generally speaking, the bus should be smart enough to both obey limits and fly optimally, although you can key in speeddata, or simply put the Bus in Selected Speed mode.It is destinctly unnormal that the Bus become unruly in any view. Never heard of this before.If you rightclick the INIT button on the MCDU, you gain access to an undocumented feature. You can, so to speak, control the controls there. Browse using the "Next Page" button.Hope it helps. Good flights.

Guest Calum

Hello Stems ,firslty , welcome to the forum and the airbus :) :)it sounds like you used to use the boeing 737 , so i will say the airbus systems in my writing , then put the boeing system names in brackets so you know what i mean.1.its rare you should have to use the vertical speed at any point in flight or ground operations , unless for atc instuctions or something strange ;) . A correctly programmed MCDU ( FMC ) and working the FCU ( MCP ) nicely should enable the aircraft autopilot to use the Vertical Navigation and Lateral Navigation parameters to climb / descend the aircraft and follow it on its correct path.2.I am not sure what you mean by look , if you mean look , as in bring it up on the screen and just LOOK at it , then that is very strange ( and worrying ;) ) if the aircraft becomes uncontrollable. If you mean you try to enter something and it starts going wrong , then that is what happens often when learning about the MCDU ( FMC ). It is defintely different from the Boeing ones , the pages are different , the layout is slightly similar , and the output is defintely different. So , just type on this post as to what is happening when you look / type something in , and i will try and help you more.3.On the real-world modern airbusses, the Fly By Wire systems on the aircraft will stop the aircraft climbing / descending to steeply , turning to steeply , going overspeed or stalling. PSS did their best at bringing us the best possible replica of this sustem , but as you can imagine , it is very difficult to implement , and so the aircraft in flight sim can fly outside the limits of the FBW Systems.However , by working it well and planning and organising the systems on the Flight Sim airbus , it can provide one of the smoothest rides in the sky :) And this is true when flying online with VATSIM or IVAO as well , you can accomodate almost every request a controller makes safely and efficiently.I havent found the turns in flight sim that steep though , when flying i rarely go over 25' bank in the flight sim , and even then , it is usually only to follow a dodgy SID/STAR ;) ;)about the patches , all mine has is :The PSS base package ( either download or CD )The FS2004 update ( you can download this at www.justflight.com for the CD patch , or contact justflight/phoenix simulation support for the download patch )The latest AIRAC ( which includes SID/STARs ) from www.navdata.at ( or the direct link for the PSS AIRAC download here ) :http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php?...=0506&addon=PSSThat is all you need for the PSS Airbus A320 Pro to work well in FS2004. With the update and AIRAC , it also works brilliantly online flying.Hope i helped , any more questions just post on here.Good LuckCalum

Guest vrandar

Can I just correct my speedbirdonline address in niels' post: it should be www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.html

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.