Sign in to follow this  
Guest stems

A320 out of control need help

Guest stems

I have a major issue, sometimes the bus will go out of control and it dives down, flips over etc... I fully succeeded in a single one hour flight. Sometimes it happens after I look at the MCDU but not always. In the flight that was successful I removed the realtime weather, but I had others fail without any weather. I seen similar posts refering to Cache memory or program memory, I do not know where this is, I never installed any third party scenary.I appreciate any ideas as it is becoming frustrating wasting a whole day trying to do a flight.I am using Win2000 with 512Mbyte memory.

Guest Calum

Hello Stems ,i have experienced and seen this problem happen to others many a time. One of the best remedies is to install and register a version of FSUIPC by Pete Dowson.Most current version is 3.4.8 , available here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlyou do need to pay to get a registration key , but in very many cases it does solve your problem , especially if it happens during the cruise phase of flight.It might also be to do with your Real-world weather files being Cached( recorded ) and when you go for another real-world weather update , the files clash and may cause the problems.There is a way to empty/clear your cache , but on a Win2000 system , i am afraid i dont know.Calum

Guest TonyS

I do not mind buying FSUIPC if it solves the problem. I downloaded the latest version before I sent my first request. Do you think the registered version behaves differently then the downlaoded non registered version.Also maybe somebody can help regarding the cleaning of Cache memory whne downloading whether. How is this done on XP, I think in Win2000 will be similar.

Guest Calum

Hello Tony ,About the differences in FSUIPC ,its not so much changes in a registered version as from a un-registered version , they are the same module file i believe. Its just that , with a registered version , it allows you to select many morew options and have more control over how you want FS to perform / work in different conditions ( online , real weather ... )About the Cache cleaning , this is how i work it on XP , but do not take any responsibility for other peoples sytems , so please proceed with caution :)I go to My Computer , C-Drive , Windows :From there i go into and delete everything in the :Cache FolderPrefetch Folderand the TEMP folder.For you it will just be the Cache folder i am sure , but if wanting to clean up other parts of XP , i find i can do this by the other two folders.Maybe wait though , someone on here might have a better way.Good LuckCalum

Guest TonyS

Do you mean manually clear the cache, I am sure that other files will be written along the route and is not feasible to keep deleteing the files.As regards FSUIPC is there anything that you are aware of the I need to set.Thanks

Guest Calum

Hello Tony ,yip , manually clearing ( pressing delete ) is the way i do it , but i dont do it often , i fly online , and the servers there overwrite the last file , so i dont need to clear as often. ( i think it is when you download Realworld weather from within FS , then start flight , that is when it makes files and starts gettins confused ).O.k , abojut FSUIPCregister it in FS screen , then restart FS , then open it , and go to the " Winds " tab , then click ( tick ) the box closest to the top left , and set the three values " 0 " in the top box , " 3 " in the middle box , and " 0 " in the bottom box. ( it is something to do with how many times to create a knt of wind each second or something.That is the main thing that fixed mine , but then also look around the tabs , i havent touched anything else on mine , but there are icing options and cloud layer options to set to something else if you wish.Good LuckCalum

Guest TonyS

Thanks for your help. I think the wind can be an issue as I noticed that when this happens usually it starts as if I am going through some turbalance then it increases and averything goes out of control. I also noted that if I do tower view I will be able to control the plane again. I will check about FSUIPC, thanks for your help.

Guest Calum

" I noticed that when this happens usually it starts as if I am going through some turbalance then it increases and averything goes out of control"EXACT symptoms me and many others have reported , it is defintely a wind issue , as it happens with many planes , so its not the flight dynamics or any plane issue , its microsofts default wind values ( trust them ;) )No problem , hope you get it sorted Good LuckCalum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.