Sign in to follow this  
Peer

CRZ TAS Vmax only 330 kt?

Concerning all PSS A320/330/340 models.Why is the indication in PFD and Nav display showing only 330 kts (as Vmax) in selected as well as in managed mode by MCDU?On PFD after 330kt the red line (like Alpha protection) is present.How can I increase the speed again to 460 kts?Many thanks for an answer, Paul

Guest Calum

Hello Paul ,Please post just a little more information and i will reply again to try to help work it out.What Altitude / FL are you at when this is displayed Is it in Cruise ? or Climb/DescendReal World weather ? ( online flying ( IVAO / VATSIM )ANy winds while this happenedDoes it happen on all flights ?It might also have something to do with the Cost Index , but i'll see that later.ThanksCalum

Guest S Hilmerby

What you see in the PFD is Indicated Airspeed "IAS". Max IAS on the A340 is 330kts. Groundspeed and True Airspeed is something else./Stellan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.