Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Airbus SID/STAR

Hi,Have opened up the sid file and noted that several airports have 2/3 sids that look identical for the specific runway so I don't know what's right or wrong. Airports I noticed where EBBR/EBFS/EDDF You know when you go into the PSS Folder and then click the Navdata Folder and you can open up the sid / star folder for me i use notepad which displays all the sids and stars for the airports. Would somebody be able to copy and paste there sid file and star file and e-mail it to me so I can compare as it's going to save me alot of time going through them to sort them out. I don't know if I'm ok to post my e-mail address but it is UALBoeing777@aol.com I would be very grateful.I know you can update the sid/star database several ways but I am afraid I will lose other sid/stars that I have already and don't want to lose any of them.Many ThanksJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Guest Calum

Good Day Jason , i thought someone would have posted a little help or something by now , but i think i understand you position and here are my thoughts ,First , get yourself across to www.navdata.at , and download the latest AIRAC ( 0506 ) ( direct link here : http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php?...=0506&addon=PSSdownloading and installing that , its a .exe file , very easy and simple , just click the " next " buttons , but be sure to tick the " SID/STAR Library " box on the features installation list before it starts installing it all.When this is done , first thing is to go into FS and check it now , this wuill have updated to all the latest available SID/STARs for FS , all are as realistic as possible.If that has worked ( which it has for me ) , then continue and be happy ;) ;)If you are still unhappy with what is going on , its back to the Navdata site and onto this link :http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php?addon=PSSThen choose your spcific airport from the list , and download it.After that , like you say , its into the PSS , Navdata folder , and open the "SIDs" or "STARs" file in notepad or your usual thing.Then , you dont have to look through them all , just use "find" / "search" from the Edit menu toolbar at the top.type in the ICAO code and it should bring you directly to the airport you are looking for.ITS BETTER WITH WORD WRAP TURNED ON ;)Just scroll down and find the end of that airports SIDs ( or STARs ) , and insert the new ones from the file you just downloaded.Do the same for the other file now ( either SID or STAR one ) , and then save and close it , change it back to what file extension it was ( .*** ) , then try FS now.Hoepfully this might have sorted it out.If still not , i suggest just downloading the charts for one of the airports you are having problems with , maybe they can help explain the reasons / differences with different SIDs/STARs ( some might be for Night Departures / Transitions / Noise Abatement ).GOOD LUCKCalum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.