Sign in to follow this  
Guest dan330

First time take-off problem

Guest dan330

I have a problem with all Airbus models that only happens on the first take-off since loading the aircraft.The aircraft will really struggle to get airbourne even with my joystick full back and will climb very slowly with joystick full back. If I make the aircraft quite heavy, eg an A321 above 130,000lbs ZFW (not really that heavy) then the plane will just not get in to the air at all.If I manage to get it up and fly around then land it back, all future flights will not have this problem and a small pull on the joystick the aircraft is airbourne.Have I missed something simple in my checklist that is causing this problem?Also while I'm posting, what default flight sim command does the door open work under. Shift+E doesn't work and I may have changed that command to something else, is there anything I can set in the assignments tab so that the doors open will work.Thanks in advance,Dan

Guest Falcon307

As for getting her to rotate, set pitch trim to about UP -0.9. Go to the FCTL page on the MCDU.Doors - and throttles - are trouble in FS. The problem is that it's a two-step command, and you have to be quick and lucky to get it to work. The cargo bays are really tricky. See topic #13894. It will help but not make the problem go away.Dave WilkinsFalcon307

Guest dan330

Cheers for the reply.Figured the take-off about 10 mins after making the post!Will see if I can sort the doors now.Thank Again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.