Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrapp

Go-around, changing the route - not much works

Guest vrapp

Hello,In A340, I was trying go-around and alternate route. Found not much working. Would appreciate some guidance.The manual says that alternate route can be initiated at any time. In reality, let's say I have a route KMDW/KCWA. with KMKE as the alternate destination at the INIT page. Then in the flight plan I see the following:.....KCWA08----- END OF F-PLNKCWA----- F-PLN DISCONTINUITYKMKE----- END OF ALTN F-PLNThen if during the flight I enter a waypoint, click ENABLE ALTN and select KMKE, the result is NOT ALLOWED. Same if I try to select KMKE as DIR TO.As I understand, that's because of the discontinuity. So, how to get the alternate airport out of discontinuity?After go-around, the flight plan in FCMU disappears. I was able to enter a VOR in DIR-TO, but not an airport, with or without the runway - the result was "NOT IN DATABASE". Is there a way to fly direct to airport, or enter an airport into flight plan? Finally, attempts to enter information into the inserted VOR (I tried entering next waypoint) consistently locked FS.I wonder, have anybody tried flying alternate destination or go-around? is there some right way to do that? I think it would be very helpful if PSS published a walkthrough for go-around with flying to the same or another airport.

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,I haven't checked for that particular issue, but if indoubt about Airbus procedures:www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlIt's a treasure trove.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.