Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrapp

managed speed during takeoff

Guest vrapp

According to the walkthrough, the pilot should engage autopilot soon after takeoff.In this case, autopilot is engaged in NAV mode, which means turning to the FP course very soon.In reality however, the pilot has to follow runway heading until further notice from the ATC, which may be not immediate.Which means that we have to switch a/p from NAV to HDG.But here comes the problem. With no managed NAV, managed speed mode invisibly directs the aircraft to fly at very low speed. I say "invisibly" because it's dashed, and you have to manually switch it from the managed mode in order to see its value. So, if I'm going to abide to the ATC, I have to remember to switch managed speed from dashes and increase it to 250. If I forget, then I crash.I don't think it's right. If it's still managed speed, it probably should manage so that the aircraft doesn't crash.I'm curious, how is all this implemented in the real aircraft?

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,When you take off, it's with the thrust-lever in TO/GA or FLEX detent.If you TO/GA, you can go back to the flex detent, once you have cleared the reason for TO/GA. When the PFD flash the message THR LVL, you can reduce thrust to CL detent. That was the power issue.With respect to the heading issue, after you have retracted the gear, *pull* the heading selector, and when a couple of hundred feet up or more, engage AP1.If in doubt, you could always visit www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus I asually call it a treasurecove.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.