Sign in to follow this  
Guest SAS400

A340 manual approach problems

Guest SAS400

I usually land my Airbuses (321 and 340) using the FCU but not acctivating APP mode, then disconnect on late final and land manually. This mostly works OK and is more fun that the autolandings, BUT many times the A340 starts turning away from the track during the final. The aircraft is stabilised on the locaiser and glide slope, still in FCU control, with A/T activated and slightly over min app speed, and suddenly it starts turning away from the track. This is of course devastating and you have to go around and try another time.Anyone can tell why the system takes this action?BTW is there any patch for the erroneous EFOB calculation on the A340 panel?Note: I'm using FS2002

Guest Niels_C

Hej Dirk,You are in selected mode, and the bus does this?Strange.Are u sure that your default flight is in 2d cockpit view,and with nav/gps selector in nav position?

Guest Diguero

I have the same problem exactly, and i

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.