Sign in to follow this  
Guest pavvyben

Airbus A319/320/321 and Tons of Newbie Questions

Guest pavvyben

Hello all,Im new to this virtual airline world :D in flight simulator 2004, but from what ive seen its looks very enjoyable and extremely realistic.Anyway ive got 101 different questions to ask about different things and also to put across some problems with the Airbus Pro Series ive foundI found my mouse flickering over all the panels in the cockpit of all the Airbus Pro series and it became annoying so i downloaded the fix and put it where it was supposed to go. Fixed, well i thought so anyway until i go to the A319 and i get the exact same problem aswell as the A321. Any ideas?I also wanted to know where i could update the navdata e.g I was flying from Manchester on a HONLY1Y departure for any of those people that know it and then was looking in the arrivals section at EGLL in the FMC and found the approach BNN3A not to be there. Any idea where i can get this information updated?After about 2 hours of reading i managed to figure most of the planes systems out and decided to fly from EGSS to EGPHX (Stansted to Edingborough) Ive found this when flying to Heathrow also it seems to follow the plan to nearly the very end then decides its going to do its own thing and go on Heading mode and decides it doesn't want to try and land and just continue on a heading it wanted to. This seems ridiculous as i had nearly got to the runway. Any ideas why it did this and any fixes? (LOC was on)Continuing on, I decided at Heathrow when it did the same thing and i just pointed the plane near this other VOR or dot and it had lots of --------------------- going around in an circular kind of shape so i aimed the plane to it and it picked the LOC up, HOORAY and i thought it worked, then to find it takes ages to get itself onto the right course for landing that it forgets to descend any ends up flying over the runway, perfectly aligned at 3,000 feet. Not really alot of use.Im becoming a bit annoyed and frustrated with these problems and please can Phoenix Simulation Software fix them!! Im sure im not the only one who is experiencing these problems and as we have paid for these products I think we want to have fixes that don't really cause alot of hassle if there is any fix.Many thanks and Sorry for the huge postBen

Guest vrandar

Ben, do contact me with any questions you might have about flying the PSS airbus (or the iFDG/PSS merge) - email or posting here is fine. I'm just back this afternoon from holiday so am not fully back into question-answering mode yet, but I'll go through your post and give a substantive reply shortly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.