Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

A319,320,321

Purchased AB Pro `bout 3 wks ago for use with FS2004 -->My System >> 3.4ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI9800XT/256, Win XP Pro,FSUIPC 3.48 The Problems:1. Dives for "deck" when AP1 (or AP2) is engaged after Takeoff 2. Will not hold any altitude or respond to any cimb rate settings > MDCU "managed", or Manual (MUST make FREQUENT pitch trim adjustments to change or hold Altitude). Loads are well within limits and set via the PSS Load Editing Utility. Fuelload is computed using the sim's Fuel Planner and then setafter FS2004 startup/aircraft selection and then both are(re)checked from the cockpit. NOTE: Lateral Nav seems to work normally for the most part and Auto Throttle does also, but Vertical Nav has been FUBAR since day 1 ~:( I reviewed the Docs and this web site > FAQs and forums and tried LOTS of stuff prior to this "distress call".3. Frequently the MDCU will NOT accept an ADF freq > sometimes it will, and I have not as yet been able to determine why.The good news: During all of the struggling I've become VERY familiar withthe MDCU programming ~:)Thanks,Ken Boardman >elsmoko@cox.net

Ken Boardman

Guest Phoenix_7

are you starting FS with the original default flight then switching to the Airbusalso try deletingmodulesfsuipc.dllmodulesfsuuipc.inire install only fsuipc.dllfrom www.schiratti.com/dowsonJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John, I did the FSUIPC actions that you suggested and Vertical Navis FFARR better ~:) What settings in FSUIPC effect AB PRO navigationin such a drastic way ?? I know that I changed some FSUIPC settingsas instructed in order to make another add on product workproperly and because of this I've copied the "old" FSUIPC.dll andFSUIPC.ini to a "remote" utility directory until I need them >>butt 1st I gotta figur out wich dam add on kneads them LOL!! BTW my tutorial flight was nearly flawless until setting up forapproach. The ILS button illuminated and the correct displaysappeared on PFD, but I could not get the systems to capturethe localizer (or glideslope). The expected LOC* indicationdid not appear in the PFD. Pressing the "LOC" button didnothing and pressing the "APPR" button did nothing. After 3"go arounds" I gave up and made a perfect "hands on" approachwith no problems with reversers, braking, spoilers or anythingelse ~:) With regard to aircraft weight change indications enroute >>the landing weight on the Initialization page of MDCU increased.. ?However the GW (Gross Weight) indication in the Permanent DataDisplay seems to decrease in value during flight as it should.When I am landing, is the actual (simulated) LW of the aircraftas FS2004 senses it correct? Can either one of the abovementioned weight indications be useful for in flight planning? I would appreciate any tips you may have that could helpme with the Approaches and landing weight prediction issues. Thank you for helping "fix" my VNAV John. I am VERY happy withVNAV now and much happier with the sim also..Best regardsKen Boardman

Ken Boardman

Guest Phoenix_7

have you changed the default startup flight in FSif yes it can cause a dead battery which explains the ILS and radio probsJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John, I'm not sure exactly how, but I just successfully completeda flight from start to finish (including auto approach/land)EGGD to EGGD. I suspect that I may have been doing somethingduring the previous approach attempts that was out of sequence. I saved the initial startup conditions as a default startupflight (for AB Pro) and now that I know that it works correctlyI'm hopefully prepared for some real neat Airbus flying ~:)Thanks for your advice,Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.