Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Suddenly appearing clouds

Clouds are not visible as long as i fly 1700 feet (more more) below the clouds base. If i fly higher than 1700 below the clouds base, the clouds appear suddenly, if i fly lower than 1700 feet blow the clouds base, the clouds suddenly disappear again.FS 2002 shows this behavior for all cloud levels (except if a cloud level is overcast).After looking more exact to it, i felt, that the clouds are only an overcast texture if a am below 1700 feet of the clouds base. The real clouds appear if a am above 1700 feet blow the clouds base.I AM GOING CRAZY, PLEASE HELP.It is going on my nerves, that clouds appear shortly after takeoff etc.Is it an FS2002 problem? FSMeteo seems not to be the problem. Perhaps there are any possibilities to configure fs2002 to redure the problem?Bodo

Hi Bodo,I don't understand the problem, but i't seems youre gonne be crazy that the base of the clouds are at 1700 ft.Go to the weather menu in FS2002 and click on Advanced Weather.There you can modify the hight of top and base of the clouds.Hope this will help.Cees

Guest bfindlay

Well, you are not crazy - I see exactly the same thing. Take off, then BAM the clouds appear. Happens with MS weather, and ActiveSky WxRE.I think it is one of those bugs/features that we have to live with.

Rather than modify that, just modify the `deviation` to a large enough number. I believe that is what it is for. I typically use 800-1100 feet for a 2,500foot cloud layer. Eliminates most of the sudden jumping.Does FS Meteo model this effect of cloud deviation? I dind't think Meteo d/l's modelled deviation so perhaps this is a manual adjustment that could be used by real weather d/l'ers too.ChasW