Sign in to follow this  
Guest R Freire

VOR navigation.

Guest R Freire

PSS Support,Recently I received the following atz from ATC:"PTMQZ, fly heading 350 to intercept 020 radial of Palegre VOR, report established"Well, in another aircraft, I'd just select HDG 350, set course to 020 and click "NAV".In Airbus, I had to do it in the hard way; flown heading 350, selected RAD NAV, entered VOR Freq, the CRS, changed to the VOR ROSE in ND, and when the CDI got close, MANUALLY I flown the rdl 020...How do I set the Airbus to intercept and fly it by itself?Thank You,Rodrigo A B Freire.

Guest vrandar

Flying inbound radials with the PSS Airbus is not possible and in fact nor is it possible with the real world version either. One way is to enter a PBX fix so that you intersect airways or it can be done with a PBD fix but it does require some manual intervention then. In this the PSS MCDU is not quite as advanced as the real world version but it does just about work.

Guest vrandar

Further to my post above, I believe the new version of the MCDU which is being rolled out on Airbuses does allow flying inbound radials. Not that that will help us of course.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.