Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

What to do to keep on the glideslope - part 2

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks.Had a lot of problems during last few days flying merged PSS - iFDG A3XXX. See my other thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...70494&mode=fullNow, this morning i make a short test flight using default PSS A320 and had same results as for merged planes!?!The plane keeps going up and down from 5960 to 6040 fts and pitch up until, on short final i loose glideslope.Forgotten to mention i fly using MCDU so fuel, balance, flaps settings and other values are full automatic.If it also happens with default PSS A320 what else should i do for troubleshooting? Maybe i should look inside FS9.cfg or FSUIPC.ini?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/126088.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi John,you mean i should delete FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini and reinstall FSUIPC v3.50 and let FS9 generate a new .ini file after CH Combat Stick calibrated?ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi John,as per your suggestion i1)deleted bot FSUIPC.dll and FSUIPC.ini.2) recalibrated my Joystick3) reinstalled FSUIPC v3.504) in FS9menumodulesFSUIPC first page i clicked on MORMAL DEFAULTS.After that i started a new flight.When reaching FL230 my A320 started a right uncontrolled turn and stalled completely out of control :-( and had to exit the sim.Now, what to do?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi John,>what flight mode were you in?AP was enabled, i was flying in MANAGED MODE>are you using a weather addon??Yes, ActiveSky ASV Build 325I have already selected in FSUIPC wind page the option for smoothing wind near the aircraft.ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest pylon101

Luigi, you gave not enough information regarding the case. On the screen I don't see LOC or APR engaged - how can you catch GS then?I always fly with AS weather (don't forget to disable FSUIPC weather). Within parameters of autolanding PPS a/c does land in auto mode. Exception: AS thermals which may create upwind wake right before or right on the runway.Check RAD Nav page. Sometimes - when you change flight plan after recieving landing rwy - RAD Nav page proves to be empty.And sure check that GS does work in the scenery.You actually raised a question that might be related to a few important issues. Please share information. It can be helpful for all of us. NickMoscow Russia

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Nick,>Luigi, you gave not enough information regarding the case. On>the screen I don't see LOC or APR engaged - how can you catch>GS then?obvious, AP/APR will catch LOC+GS as soon as it'll be enabled ;-)>I always fly with AS weather (don't forget to disable FSUIPC>weather). Within parameters of autolanding PPS a/c does land>in auto mode. Exception: AS thermals which may create upwind>wake right before or right on the runway.Here you can see my ASV Wind and Turbulence settings (didn't touch them); there is anything to check/uncheck?How do i disable FSUIPC weather?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/126298.jpg>Check RAD Nav page. Sometimes - when you change flight plan>after recieving landing rwy - RAD Nav page proves to be>empty.That is a solid part of my approach routine>And sure check that GS does work in the scenery.it works fineThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest pylon101

Luigi,I have the same settings in ASV. ASV recommends - before initializing the program - to open FSUIPC and disable weather, then click OK. It's on the front page of FSUIPC.Empty RAD Nav page of MDCU always makes landings troublesome. It always happens with A32X if I don't fly all the route but move a/c closer to destination airport, say, through FS Navigator (saving a couple of hours of real time). The only way is to save flight, reload the flight, reaload the aircraft (to make avionics working). Then RAD Nav gets filled (in most cases).As far as I can judge from dozens of flights: for A32X model empty RAD Nav page make it impossible to use LOC/APR. If you have another experience - please share how you deal with the issue.Pretty interesting that A330/340 - in the same situation (who flies from Santiago to Madrid in real time, I wonder?!) - gives an opportunity to make LOC/APR working with empty RAD Nav page. After manual setting the ILS frequency LOC/APR do work. And even provide auto-landing (assuming that approach page and ref page are properly done).Anyway. All this makes PSS models really addictive. You can explore them for months. Say, Dash 8 is still a kind of a puzzle for me - for years!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>Luigi,>>I have the same settings in ASV. ASV recommends - before>initializing the program - to open FSUIPC and disable weather,>then click OK. It's on the front page of FSUIPC.Thanks for the advice>Empty RAD Nav page of MDCU always makes landings troublesome.I've never experienced such situation; in RAD-NAV page i always can find nearest's VOR freqs and once on approach i fill values with ILS freq+course.My problem is not related to missed ILS/GS freqs but instead to the persistent up-down pitch that lead to unstable cruise altitude, say from 34.960 to 35.040, and unstable autoland because of loosing GSall the bestLuigi ;-)BTW it doesn't happen with other planes (PMDG 737NG and Level-D767).Sorry Phoenix ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi there,if i fly in semi-auto mode (SELECTED SPEED) and increase all speed values in MDCU by 10 knots the A320 doesn't pitch up anymore and i finally enjoy my landing.Now, can anyone please suggest where i should work to get those increased speeds as MANAGED SPEEDS? Maybe i should increase ZFW?Thanks in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi John,if i'm not wrong A320 ZFW was 120,6 and fuel Load (block) was 25,1.The landing speed in MDCU (VLS) was 133 knots and i landed at 145 instead. A fairy landing indeed!thanks for helpingLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi John,any clue?ThanksLuigi ;-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.