Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sherif

Take offs and Landings

Hi all,I just wanted to ask a question..When I Take off with my Pss A330-200 RR every thing is OK ,but after rotating.. i find that I have to climb in high rate to maintain my V2 after engaging the Autopilot..the Aitcraft climbs in rates about 4000 to 4400 ft/mSo for example when I fly online with initial climb of 3500 ft I find my self at 3500 ft in seconds !! I don't know is that normal?Does the engine have a high horse power like that ?!!Secondly,during landing every thing is OK full established on the ILS ..but when I reach the minimums and the counting of feets begins the aircraft still have a 1 -2 degrees down so during autoland It doesn't flare and lands in a straight position (a very hard landing)of course I idle the levers about 10-20 ft..So any suggestions?thanks ,Sherif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your second question first: try changing the lift_scalar in the fltsim.0 section of the aircraft.cfg file to lift_scalar=0.65Takeoff: try setting your trim to -2.0UP (on my keyboard it's the End key)and see if that helps. BTW, you should be maintaining V2+10, not V2.

Hello, Ok..thank you ..about the landing and flaring issue..I changen my lift_scalar to 0.65 under the [flaps.o] and it worked greatly !And about the high climb rate during Take off by setting my trim to -2.0 UP I think it slightly decreased my very high climb rate..So thank you for your help,,Sherif

Sign in to follow this