Sign in to follow this  

Slow news day at Avsim

I know I check this web site way too much, but I keep finding myself hitting the refresh button because nothing seems to be changing on the front page. Maybe it's the calm before the much awaited storm...;-)David (can you tell I'm bored? Been home sick for two days!)

I know exactly what you mean...I was thinking the same... slow day :-( Hope the storm is coming and SOON! :-lol Hugo

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

How funny...thought the same when I saw the same news as yesterday.I'm ready to see the following: :DFlight One Meridian Released!Captain Sim 727 ver 1.2 Released!Wilco PIC 320 Released!

What's wrong with sitting in a dark room laughing maniacally while refreshing the AVSIM home page over and over, rejecting any outside contact with other human beings?

Guest Miro Majcen

hi guys, as you know there are days with little or no news and we try our best to find some. If someboy has news you find and think it is interesting send it to staff@avsim.com and we'll look it over. As a last, but not least, excuse, well, i was lucky enough to go onboard the USS CVN75 which is staying in our port for a while so expect images from that trip in days ahead :) Miro Miro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Guest Edam

Why not fire up FS2K2 and take your favorite plane for a flight or two?

Miro, you lucky dog! That sounds cool! I'll be looking for the pics (well, unless the Meridian comes out). Since you seem desperate for news today let me help you out. I don't have any real news myself but I can make stuff up! How 'bout this:Manhattan, NY - AVSIM, an online community devoted to flight simulation, announced today its purchase of the Met Life building, a Manhattan landmark. AVSIM Senior Managing Editor, Miro Majcen stated the move was necessary because "working from home was becoming just too inefficient. Key employees were often wandering off to tend to their personal lives." The Met Life building is perhaps better known as the former headquarters for now defunct PanAm Airlines. "It made sense", said Majcen, "this building is steeped in aviation history. Besides, PanAm and AVSIM both have five letters and use roughly the same font and color. Our name looks good up there!"As for how the internet company would pay for such a purchase, Majcen declined to say. Inside sources, however, point to lucrative partnerships with such simulation powerhouses as Flight1 and DreamFleet. "If Flight1 delivers on its Piper Meridian sometime soon, AVSIM should have no problem meeting its cash flow requirements", said one employee. Officials at Flight1 declined to comment on exactly when the Meridian will in fact be completed, stating only that it "will be available when it is ready".;-)David

No one's listening ........ as I said above, go for a wander to FSNordic and discover a brand new innovation in flightsim ... and it's freeware. Can't understand all these people waiting to spend money, LOL ...Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT : Or if you'd rather just keep on hitting your refresh button ... don't worry, it'll be at Avsim soon!http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Norfolk, VA - A group identified only as AVSIM gained access to the Navy's aircraft carrier Harry S Truman earlier today. Posing as editors for a flight simulation web site, Miro Majcen and four colleagues slipped past guards and made their way to the bridge, where they wrestled with officers for the controls. Majcen claimed he was qualified to operate the vessel because of his vast experience with Fleet Command, and F/A 18. While in custody, Majcen told reporters, "driving an aircraft carrier has to be easier than flying a plane - even a simulated one. It's so slow and only moves in one plane. It's like MSTrain but without rails".Majcen and his team elluded authorities long enough to paint AVSIM in large blue letters on the starboard bow of the vessel. While the Navy would not speculate as to the meaning of the acronym, one source suggested it might be the work of a little known group, Americans for the Vindication of Silly Imitated Media. "Striking on slow news days, this group has a history of creating its own news - harmless usually, but annoying and a poor use of bandwidth. It's kind of sad really", said one source who wishes to remain anonymous.

Guest Miro Majcen

hehehe :) that made my day :) MiroMiro MajcenSenior Managing EditorAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.com

Guest Edam

>No one's listening .... Old habits die hard, DM. I just find it ironic that people will invest so much time looking for new news on one site, rather than either flying, which one would think is the reason that they are here in the first place, or just looking elsewhere, as you have suggested. Oh well...

New York - The NASDAQ plummeted today on news that Avsim.com would not meet expected earnings for this quarter. AVSIM is one of the largest pervayers of online products and services in the rapidly growing simulated aviation sector. When asked why expectations were not met, CFO and Senior Managing Editor Miro Majcen cited a number of factors. "Much of the company's success rested on the timely release of Flight1's Meridian", referring to the highly anticipated flight simulation addon still to be produced by Avsim's corporate partner. "Customers were clamoring for it, yet Flight1 executives were tightlipped about its progress", said Majcen. Being tested in Nevada's secretive Area 51, little is known about the Meridian, yet a congressional committee is forming to examine its production delays and greater than expected costs. One potential customer, Joe Simmer, told reporters "we thought the Meridian would be freeware, maybe shareware, but now they want $20 or $30 dollars for it. I don't care if it does have a virtual cockpit, realistic avionics and the ability to actually transport you anywhere in the world, I won't pay it". Others are cynical due to its apparent delay. "They didn't actually give us a release date as such, but my psychic hinted strongly that today would be the day, and nothing", said one disappointed consumer.Majcen also suggested certain accounting irregularities contributed to the company's poor performance this quarter. "As it turned out, the purchase of the Met Life building for our new headquarters turned out to be a mistake" admitted Majcen. "It cost us way too much money and isn't even fully simulated in FS2K2. I mean it's there but you can't land a helicopter on it". As for profits, AVSIM has always adhered to the "simulated profit" model that has proved so fateful for other internet companies. "We attempted to lower the realism setting on our marketing and financial models in December, but it was too little too late", concluded Majcen.What the AVSIM CFO refused to address was his recent arrest for trespassing on the USS Harry S. Truman. "It was a marketing gimmick gone bad", said another AVSIM exec who asked not to be named.