Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

Why does the a3xx vear off corse when landing

Guest giln

I have a big problem. I had this problem eversicne purchasing the a3xx series. The problem is whenever I land, ILS or visual, with as little wind as 2 kts in any direction, the aircraft vears off course. I don't understand! I believe that it is the panel because I used another panel and the same aircarft, in this case the a340-300, and the aircraft did not vear off course, it stayed aligned with the ILS. Why does this happen! Thanks

Guest NormanB

Check in your flt ctrls page that the rudder trim is neutral.

Guest giln

Does this look normal? The autopilot is telling me to go right and the runway is clearly to the left??????!!!!! What the heck is going on?

Guest giln

I have the environment upgrade 7 and that is Phiket airport, why is this relevant?

Guest giln

Sorry, typo, I meant to say Phuket, in Thailand.

Guest vrandar

"I have the environment upgrade 7 and that is Phiket airport, why is this relevant?"It's relevant because addon scenery can be placed incorrectly - Simflyers EGCC Manchester is a prime example of this. If you have addon scenery make sure the afcad file you are using is for the correct version of the airport.

Guest giln

Thanks to you both, but what does offset mean?

Guest vrandar

An offset ILS is not lined up directly with the runway so you need to turn fairly late to line up with the runway and fly the last bit manually. Not a very good description but I hope you get the idea.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.