Sign in to follow this  
Guest AMRAAM

A320 Bank Angle

Guest AMRAAM

When my jet is flying along under FMC and it reaches a waypoint the aircraft always banks at 30 degrees. Is there a way to reduce the bank angle? Thanks guys.

Guest michi

Are you also refering to slight turns of around 5 to 10 degrees for example?Michi

Guest vrandar

If you right click the INIT button on the MCDU you can enter some short term (for that flight only) changes. One of these is Roll/Ailerons. Try adjusting the figures there to 3/10/2000. I can't say 100% that this will work and adjusting any of the figures can cause immense problems. By the way this right click INIT is a hidden feature and is not supported by PSS so no official help will be provided for it.If that doesn't work I suspect it is because the bank angle is hard coded.

Guest mikesmashing

I've recently gone from FS2002 to FS9 (I've been loathe to move from a very well set up 2002 platform - but a disk corruption gave me the push), and I've found weirdness with the PSS 'bus when flying online (Vatsim), which sounds a bit like this problem.The 'bus seems to slowly drift off course between fixes, seems to be drifting toward the left from what I can see.As I approach the next fix (i.e. get within about 5 miles), the autopilot seems to treat the "flyby" fix as an "overfly" and pulls an "S-Turn" across the fix.Anyone seen this before, I've tried searching for it...The FMS was always rock solid in 2002, and seems to be fine offline/with no weather active.Cheers,Mike

Guest mikesmashing

Okay, I did a bit more testing of this, flying offline with FS supplied weather...I've found that having wind smoothing turned on in FSUIPC results in this behaviour. For some reason, the aircraft doesn't properly correct for wind, and seems to somehow "weathervane" into the wind, and slowly drift off course in an upwind direction.With wind smoothing turned off, things are much better on an FMS/autopilot front, and the route is navigated properly.The only downer is with the wind smoothing turned off, the changes in the winds once airborne and in level cruise flight are quite sudden and violent, which also doesn't seem quite right (it's not as though I got a turbulent level, they are all like that!) - to the point that the aircraft is flying s-turns all the time anyway!Anyone got any thoughts, suggestions?Cheers!Mike

Guest vrandar

"I've found that having wind smoothing turned on in FSUIPC results in this behaviour." Hmm, not for me it doesn't, it prevents the sudden wind shifts which are a known FS bug. My settings are shown below. I am sure for your problem there is something else that is causing it. I'll continue to ponder what on earth it might be.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/135561.jpgRob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest mikesmashing

Rob, it was a result of a change that Pete Dowson made in FSUIPC v3.51 (only released a few days ago), which was done to fix another bug, and had this knock on effect - which became especially apparent to Active Sky users, but also seems to hit the NAV performance of addon aircraft (due to the aircraft making an erroneous wind correction - garbage in, garbage out!)For full details of the problem:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=46733Pete is aware of it and has released an interim build, removing the bug fix.I've just done a couple of test flights, one with vanilla FS9 "real-world" weather, and the second with VATSIM SB3 weather, using the "interim" v3.511 build of FSUIPC, and the NAV performance is back to it's usual well-behaved self again.Of course, this means it's probably unrelated from the original poster's problem (reported back in Sept), though it looked quite similar (so I applied the "Do I need to start a new thread?" rule!).Cheers!Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.