Sign in to follow this  
Guest maverick31111

A320 auto pilot problems

Guest maverick31111

To begin with, I am a long time boeing flyer. I have all but mastered the LDS 767 and the pmdg 737 and 747. that said the Airbus 319 and 320 I just purchased are giving me trouble even while following the tutorial. here are my problems:1) I can program the MCDU for the correct route, performance, and transitions, however I can not get the auto pilot to engage and follow the climb and headings on the route. Could someone give me a general step by step of how to properly engage the auto pilot from gears up?2)In conjunction with this problem, I can input heading and vertical speeds in the FCU but they are not folowed by the autopilot when I active auto pilot one or two. My question is this, if the route calls for a specific waypoint, but atc gives you a different heading and altitude for spaceing how do you disengage the above flight plan route and follow a heading and vertical speed plugged into the fcu.In a boeing aircraft one simply input the heading and the vertical speed and switches off the lnav. essentially I need to know how to engage and disengaged the lnav feature of the autopilot.any help would be appreciated.Thanx,George

Guest Phoenix_7

there are tutorials at the Phoenix site which will walk you thru an entire flightthe manual also explains select mode vs managed mode which sounds like the problem you are havingJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.