Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

A tutorial for creating departure procedures?

Guest Phoenix_7

no that I have seenthe original sid/star data for PSS was designed by a third party who has left the hobbythe format/code remains unknownJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Ruahrc

You may want to contact Terry Yingling? He has been making updated SID/STARs for the PSS based on new AIRAC cycles for a long time now... I am sure he knows the format in which they need to be written... otherwise you can open up the files pssssid.dat and pssstar.dat in notepad and I think while the extension is .dat they are just ASCII text files which are readable. All the procedures are in those 2 files, and by looking at some existing examples you probably can figure out the syntax from there.Ruahrc

Guest pst2306

As far as I read from the data itself and with the help of several google researches the Data is as follows0: Part of the procedure range 1-61: Name of the fix/waypoint of the SID/STAR2: Sequence number usually incremented by 103: waypoint name as shown in FMS4: latitude of waypoint, if conditional Fix -915: longitude of waypoint, if conditional Fix -1816: VOR/DME identifier for AF/CD/CI/VD/VI leg types [PATH]7: ARINC424 legtype identifier8: Turn "L" or "R" left/right9: Heading or track to fly until intercepting new radial in CI/VI Start Radial for AF [PATH]10: ???11: DME Distance from station in field 7 for AF leg type [PATH]12: End Radial in AF, radial in CR/VR and Heading in VD [TERMINATION]13: ???14: DME Distance in CD/FC/FD/VD [TERMINATION]15: Speed restriction16: Altitude restriction identification "+", "-"17: Altitude restriction18: ???19: Transition altitudeYou might want to have a look at the File first, and then you might want to check out ARINC424 specificationsI wrote [PATH] behind the fields describing the way until the condition in [TERMINATION] is true...Maybe that helped a bit

Guest aggiano

can someone post an example of arc dme procedure.Thanks a lotAdriano

Guest aggiano

Thanks alot for your help but also following the ARINC sintax i'm not able to insert an arc dme in STAR database so i try again asking you an example of arc dme sintax. Another question is on the app procedure. Is it possible to insert, as specified in ARINC 424, an approach procedure not depending from the star in pss database?Thanks a lotAdriano

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.