Sign in to follow this  
Guest mulletman

SQ11 - Singapore from KLAX - RJAA

Sorry for the crude ness, it was copied and pasted off the Just flight forums.Hello all!Just wondering if PSS can help me, as i am getting slow suport from Just Flight. The route i have planned is:GMN4 - EHFJ65 - RBLJ1 - OEDJ501 - TOUJ523 - YZPTRK18 - KATCHB327 - ODKR341 - NATESR220 - GOCR211 - COMETSID - RJAAI am annoyed as it is that i was unable to do my first planneded route, due to the inconsistant Fuel Planner (which i originally had high prise for) and was messing around this time, so i switched to flying here instead.My problem is as follows (you would be better of testing this yourself):On the R341 leg to NATES the FMS gets as far as OFORD, before circumnavigating the globe, then returning to the next waypoint. By skipping that leg, and going direct to NATES, or anywhere along the route to RJAA it does the same thing. All airways are showing in the FS2004 Flight planner, and i have had no problems plotting that route.Please help soon, as i have the day off on friday, and that is when i plan to do this flight. Its looking to be good, with clear skys, and a sunrise. That is, if it leaves.Everything is set for the journey, if i canb get the FMS to work. This is the first bug on the plane that has actually grounded me (others have been rectified, or have a solution, or were a one off) and apart from this i have had a pleasant experience with this plane.I Hope a Pro can help me with my Pro._____________________________(POST 2)Oh and Just for good measure, heres what i mean my incosistant:these 2 shots clerly show the FS Fuel as overweeight, and the planner saying that everything is OK.It also says that the PSS Planner is 31000lbs overweight, so its out by a huge margin.FuelInconsistency.jpgSolution Appreciated [:)]________________________________(POST 3- After one, basic responce)ok, by playing with the fuel planner and my own calculations, i was able to get a *reasonable* figure, but im not carrying any cargo. This is handy because the virtual revenue lost in lack of cargo is partially made up for in PAX number and fuel amount (less needed). Its a shame the 2 are inconsistent though, because its nice to have it there.Anyways, problem number one is my focus now.PS: Thank God for Singapore Airlines Cargo!!!________________________________I hope you guys can help, because like i said, i would like to fly tomorrow!As a foot note: i am extremly happy with all of my other PSS products, and as i say, this is the first one thats annoying me. Thanks PSS for what is, apart from this bug, a fine product!anyways, regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can fix the fuel planner inconsistency by editing the aircraft.cfg entry for the airplane. Under the [weight and balance] section there is an entry that should be like maximum_allowed_weight (I am going from memory, but it is something pretty obvious like this). This entry is what FS uses to determine whether your aircraft is "overweight" or not. And I should mention that I don't think changing this value affects the FDE at all (i.e. if you do not fix the issue and are reported in FS as "overweight" you will still be able to fly unless you are SO overweight that the FDE prohibits it)I think you just need to play around with the fuel planner until you know what GW is the absolute maximum, and then modify the aircraft.cfg to match what the fuel planner is telling you. I don't know why the discrepancy is there (I think I have experienced this with my A330 too) but it is an easy fix. This also assumes that the fuel planner (and not the aircraft.cfg entry) is the true max GW.As for the routing issue- I had the same effect when I flew KPDX>RJAA in an A330. Turns out though that it is merely a display problem, and that the aircraft follows the correct routing despite the display error. I think it has something do to with the line crossing 180 degrees longitude. The display will get messed up but if you actually fly it you will see that the aircraft will fly on the correct course once it reaches the "error" and also the display will fix itself once you pass the error. Again I think it is the fact that the route crosses 180 degrees longitude but I don't remember where the error was. All I know is that when I flew PDX>NRT the aircraft flew it properly. I THINK the problem you describe is the same as the one I encountered. A screenshot would seal the deal though.Ruahrc

Sign in to follow this