Sign in to follow this  
Guest jg582650

Very upset...I can't fly PSS A319

Guest jg582650

First let me begin to say that perhaps I'm missing something here. There's no up to date manual for the PSS A319/320 when you download this plane. The tuturial is 3 years old and cannot be used with FS9. At least not as I have followed the instruction. Thus, I have to get into this plane and learn everything on my own.I'm so upset right now that I can't begin to tell you all the problems I'm having with this program.However, I'd like to have a good up to date manual for FS9. A good flight training would also be good. If anyone is out there that can teach me to fly this plane, let me know.Thanks,

Guest pylon101

IQ (it's quite a lot of IQ judging from numbers! :-))hi!In no way I am going to sound patronizing :+. But we all went through this: despair, rage, quitting, then getting back...studying - and eventually - satisfaction.From my own experiece:- don't expect any additional tutorials;- dont't listen to opinions that issues were related to the fact that the models had been done for the previous FS;- take all patience you have and fly tutorial flight(s) for 3 times, follow each step and analyze each and every step - even if it looks like a commonplace;- read all topics on forum: 95% of customers ask same questions;- make your work easier - dont't waste time on making your own flight plans - use FS Navigator and its export function;- adding real weather have in mind that strong hi-altitude winds make models (A32X - not a330/340) less stable.Trust me: in a couple of weeks you will be able to land your A319 in Bogota, Columbia - in auto mode! - which nobody does in real life (my guess).After all this went through you would start getting an idea why PSS products are probably most desputable - but also very addictive ones.Good luck and welcome to the family!;)NickMoscowRussia

Guest vrandar

The aircraft was originally made for FS2002 but does fly well in FS( with one or two tweaks and some persistence. I haven't flown any oter aircraft except the PSSA320 (these days merged with the iFDG model and flight dyhnamics) since September 2002.I know you're upset but we'll get you going - and the manual while old is still valid. So why not post a list of your questions/problems here and we'll try to help. Once you have got it going it is a great aircraft.

Guest jg582650

Thanks everyone for the response.Question number 1.I finally stayed up to 3am this morning searching for a good learning manual for this plane. I found one on Speedbirdonline. To say the least, I read over the manual and program the FMC just as they said to do. All is well until t/o. As soon as I line up with the rwy, I press the brakes to come to a complete stop. I press t/o config and all is no blue. I'm ready to t/o. So, I make sure my flaps are set, autobrake is max, grnd spoliers are armed. I know I'm saying some of this stuff backwards, but I'm just trying to let you know that I'm doing all the check's before I t/o. Now here is where my problems come in. As soon as I hit the ++ key to move throttles into the FLX MCT gate on the pedestal, I get a t/o-inhibited. The plane accelerates and will not lift off the ground. Once I run off the rwy, the plane decelerates and comes to a complete stop. It will accelerate again unless I hit the --. I'm completely at a loss on this one because I have done all that the manuals say up to this point. So I must be missing something.Question number 2.I didn't realize before I brought this plane that it is only functional with a joystick. I have no joystick. So while taxi around the airport, it is very difficult to control this plane. Keyboard respone is very poor and barely respondes. I read the reviews on this plane before I brought it and it said for those who love to fly with the keyboard. What am I missing here?Thanks,

Guest vrandar

I finally stayed up to 3am this morning searching for a good>learning manual for this plane. I found one on>Speedbirdonline. Yes I wrote that and all the other Airbus stuff there! :) It's a bit old now as it was written when FS2002 was out but is still basically OK. A new one is in the works from Gatwick to Malaga.You must get a joystick to fly the PSS Airbus.

Guest jg582650

Ok...I went out and spent my last little bit of money on a thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro USB joystick. I like it.Problems that I now have.On T/o everything seems to go well until I reach a positive rate of climb. I get to about 1200 feet and I set flaps to zero. The gear is up by now. Next thing I know, the plane takes a nose dive. No matter how hard I pull on the joystick, she nose dives until I crash. I have up to date drivers. I'll do a search but if someone knows why it does this, please let me know.

Guest vrandar

One thing that does seem to help here is to make sure you have the registerd version of FSUIPC. On the technical page you must have the "Discon Elev Trim Axis for AP" box NOT selected/ticked/checked.Also, make sure you are not retracting the flaps too early. Watch the PFD and select flaps zero at the green F on the speed tape.

At the risk of tellin' you stuff you already know orhave already accomplished:-Ensure that your new joystick is calibrated properlyin Windows. I use a Thrustmaster rig also (for over 12 years) and love it ~:) `bout the onlytime I use it with the Airbus is takeoffs and landings(sometimes I "chicken out" @ ~ 500' AGL on approach ---> LOL)-Also ensure that "joystick" is enabled within thesimulator software (FS9 settings>controls).Hint: After you select your plane in the sim, go to anexternal "SPOT" view ("s" key multi-toggle) andyou can watch the elevator, ailerons, rudder, etc.move as you move your joystick if everything is set upcorrectly.I had problems figuring out the takeoffs and landingsat first also, but after you've learned how to properlyprogram/initialize the MCDU and figured them out you mayfind that it was worth it.Elsmoko

Ken Boardman

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.