Sign in to follow this  
Guest timgil

Airbus pro 320

Guest timgil

HiI have just downloaded the Airbus Pro 320 package (and the 330 as well) and am working through the turorial flight document and come to a problem with the MCDU.I put in the initial data of departure and arrival airport, alternative, cost index, flight level etc without any problem. When I come to fill in the plan details I type in EXMOR waypoint and then I am supposed to press LSK 1L for 51N/003W but this is listed under LSK 2L on my system. Ok, change in navdata since the documentation has been written I think, not a big problem. I call up the lateral revision page and type UA25/BHD and then press LSK2R for VIA/GO TO. I then get told that AWY/WPT MISMATCH.Any ideas please?It does seem to allow me to enter waypoints and I tried to enter all the waypoints as listed on the next page but gave up after being presented with a list of several waypoints with the same name and not knowing where they were (no charts) didn't know which one to select.Basically it seems that I cannot enter (at least this) airway combination.It's a shame that I can't get past this point, and I willingly accept that I may be doing something wrong, I am new to airbusses (at least to doing it properly!). The tutorial flight does say to read the flight manual first, but it's hardly bedtime reading. I had hoped that I could at least follow the tutorial and get the responses that it said.Hope someone can help me.RegardsTim Gildersleevetim@cockpit.org.uk

Guest jomata

Tim,Have you downloaded the latest AIRAC cycle?http://www.navdata.at/php/airac/airac.php?...=0510&addon=PSSThe AWY/WPT mismatch means that your PSS database doesn't recognize that AWY/WPT combination.If after dowloading and installing the last AIRAC cycle (PSS_0510) it still doesn't recognize that combination it means that you must insert all waypoints manually, one after the other.It so happens that many NAVAIDS have the same 3 letter designation around the world. When so, the MCDU will provide you with a kist of same designation navaids for you to choose from.Without charts, the best you can do is to choose one that is likely to be, based on its coordinates. Insert it and see on MCDU Flt plan page if it makes sense.Easier than to get charts would be (as far as I know) to get FS Navigator installed. from there you can follow the route and figure it out.CheersJoao

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.