Sign in to follow this  
Guest michi

Alternate Airports

Guest michi

What are the criteria on the selection of alternate airports, and in what fashion should I embed the airport and route in my flightplan.(Do I fly a SID in my ALT FPLN? etc...)

Guest NormanB

The CDU will accept any airport you could enter as a primary in the ALT field.To access it click on the arrival field, select the ALTN there.In keeping with the forum guidlines please sign your posts with your name. Thanks.

Guest vrandar

Although you can enter an alternate destination airport into the MCDU unfortunately the software does not have the capability to enable you to enter a secondary flight plan. So the SID you fly will be for the original flight plan. If you have enabled the alternate you would then enter the routing and STAR manually.

Guest michi

Oh I'm sorry for not following the forum guidlines. I admit I was too lazy to read them. Well I read them now, and thanks for the tip! :-)Michi

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.