Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nimbus

A330 Panel Freezes on short final

Hello everybody,Sometimes, when I'm on short final and I disconnect the autopilot, the A330's panel freezes (engine gauges remain static) but the aircraft is still somewhat flyable.When you touchdown, the speed tape, engine indicators, etc, are all static, and I cannot reverse engines using the "-" sign, only by using F2.On a few occaisions, I'm on short final, and when I disconnect the autopilot, the A330 not only has this strange panel freeze, it veers off to the right or left, completely ignoring yoke inputs until it crashes.Does anybody have an idea of what is causing this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmmm.I'm not sure exactly what my specs are (I'm not at home right now), but I think its a: IBM (clone)Pentium 42.2 Ghz1 gig ramRadeon 9800 video cardUnregistered (free) version of FSUIPCUsing real weather via the GetWeather freeware programCH Pro YokeFS2004I think the problem might have something to do with what stage of the approach I am in. If I disconnect the autopilot and hand fly (using auo-throttle) at say 1,500 feet or above, things generally go fine, but if I disconnect at 500 feet, I have a problem. It usually hits during the flare.Sorry I'm not being as specific as I should.

Sign in to follow this