Sign in to follow this  
Guest marcemar

a 320 manually flying a SID

Guest marcemar

It' s since 2003 that i fly the PSS a320 and i thimk i know it quite good.I always engage the AP quckly after TO because i like On line flying and it's quite difficult to manage voice connection with acft handling.The Problem is that i can't fly manually a SID because the Autothrottle is very "powerful" and puts very high speed very soon , even if i select in the FCP a speed (e.g. 220 knts).I rub pss ab pro in FS 2004 patch 9.1 joy MS ff2 P4 2 ghz 1 giga of ramAti radeon 9600 .Hoping some help Best RegardsMarcello Maraldi

Guest vrandar

Firstly you should not be doing ore than 250 under Fl100 unless given a "No Speed" clearance by ATC (if flying online). So make sure that when you click the right LSK next to one of waypoints/fixes below FL100 that at LSK2L 250/FL100 is entered. This will keep you at no more than 250 in managed mode. However if you are not comfortable handflying the SID at up to 250 kts (or less if there is a constraint) you could always use Selected Speed by dialing in the speed you want on the FCU, say 190, and pulling (righ click) the knob. When you are out of the SID then push (left click) it to go back to managed speed.

Guest marcemar

VRANDAR sayd:"you could always use Selected Speed by dialing in the speed you want on the FCU, say 190, and pulling (righ click) the knob. When you are out of the SID then push (left click) it to go back to managed speed." The problem is really that i can't keep a selected speed in selected mode witout engaging the autopilot.I mean: 1 perform a normal take off setting the AT in TO flex, 2 once airborne i select the speed to 220 knts (without engaging the AP)3 after a while the speed window turns automatically to managed mode, and the speed grows very fast.everything works fine if i engage the AP

Guest vrandar

I think you have misunderstood Selected and Managed modes: they both require the autopilot to be ON. Think of Seleceted Mode through the FCU as short term autopilot control and Managed mode through the MCDU as the long term autopilot control.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.