Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tok

Airbus Pro Series Base Package

Guest Tok

Does the FMC on these planes work with a GPS or do these planes have a GPS..? I bought the PMDG 737-700 and I do not like the FMC on that plane with no GPS. I've used FMC before on other plane's that work with the GPS or FSnav and I like those! So does anybody no if the Airbus Pro Series Base Package from Phoenix planes have a GPS with there FMC..? Thanks for any info.

Guest Tok

Thank you for the reply, yes thats what I was trying to say. (grin)

Tok,Why do you want a GPS for an aircraft that has an MCDU for? If all you want to do is to watch where your going, you can always hit the 'acorn' on the top bar in FSnav and you will see it in the cocpit at a place of your choice?Regarding possible flight plans, you can build a flight plan with FSnav, export it into FS2004 then the MCDU will see it as an saved flight plan that you can then use with the MCDU.Just a suggestion?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tok

Thanks for the reply Dave T. Yes, I'm still working on that, I did upgrade the FSnav export dll. to work with the FMC and did get it to take off and head to the airport I made the flight plan for in FSnav. But it just went on by it like the airport was not there when I got there. It did not follow the rest of the flight plan down to the ILS runway. Guess I'II try it again and see where I'm going wrong. Thanks for the info and by the way, I checked out that link you have to that web site, looks like a nice web site to join with.

Hi Tok,I realize you use FSNAV but the PSS Airbuses (all of them from A320 to A330/A340) have the IMPORT option for EXISTING FLIGHT PLANS CREATED WITH FS2004 default flight planner, something the PMDG does not have (you have manually enter your flight plan as COROUTE is an option I haven't managed to get working yet in PMDG). So, if, at least for PSS, for now at least, you create your flight plans via FS2004, then you can use the DATA button on the FMC, then IMPORT - EXISTING FS FLIGHTPLAN, you'll have the basics loaded of your route and altitude. The rest, like ZFW, fuel etc... you will have to enter.Hope this helps.John

Guest Tok

Interesting John, thanks form the info, I wished I looked into what the Sid and Stars availability was on the PMDG, FMC , stuff, all the airports I use it does not have the Sid and Stars for it yet. I made the Sid and Stars for my self using FSnav but can't get that to work using the PMDG. Thanks again for the info.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.