Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zgaga

A320 heading problem

Guest Zgaga

Hi!About an hour ago I encountered a weird PSS A320 problem.After departure everything goes fine at first. But when climbing through levels above FL200 suddenly heading value changes for about 90 degrees. Aircraft then continues on current heading except that the mentioned heading is not correct. It looks like the aircraft thinks he's following the correct route but it is not. For example: the aircraft actually flies to NE (about 045 degrees) but the heading indicator shows about 130 degrees (the same heading as the required flight path). The route is displayed correctly so that aircraft drifts away from the correct route.I have tried everything: reinstalling cfg files, different flight plans, all failures are switched off.....i just don't know what is wrong.Please help.....Thanks, Anze

Hi,I have the same problem with all PSS Axxx, so I think it might be something with the MCDU.This happens, when I create a flightplan, or import one:Immediately or after some minutes the whole compass rose with the displayed runway turns about 90 degrees and the green line of the flightplan turns with the rose, so that the SID now is just around the corner. When I start the flight, the Airbus is following the correct PSS heading, but in reality it doesn

Guest dynamania

Goooday guys,According to this heading problem, this problem might accure if you do not have FSUIPC.DLL installed in the MODULES directory... the aircraft first flies in the wrong direction, then it loses direction and flies on its own... try replacing the FSUIPC dll with the new version maybe

Guest Zgaga

I must agree with Hans-Christian. I have found somewhere an old airac data (i think it is from year 2003) and IT WORKS. I am no longer experiencing these problems. I'm afraid I never had the newest AIRAC cycle - the one which was causing me problems was the 0509 cycle, so I don't know how it works with the newest AIRAC.Hans, if you need the old AIRAC (which works with my PSS) I can send it to you. Just please let me know how it went with 0510 cycle when you will try it.Regards,AnzeP.S.: I have tried different FSUIPCs and nothing helped. And also - just now i remembered that this heading shift occured always on transition from SID to ordinary airway. IMHO it must be something with SID/STAR database.

Hi Anze, dear Support Team,good to hear, that you were able to solve the problem. Thanks for your offer, Anze!In my case the problem still remains and it really starts to frustrate.I am using FS2002prof and I discovered the problem with the A330 (brandnew and never could start one flight) at EDDM and EDDS.I tried it with the AIRAC update, also without the new SID/STAR database, and at least tried it with the PSS backup from 2003.For the first about 5 to 10 minutes everything is okay. I start FSMETEO and do my preflight preperation, didn

Dear Support Team,just to let you know:there are no active af2 files around,meshes and landclass are ok,I always start Fs with the default cessna.regards,Hans-Christian

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.