Sign in to follow this  
Guest jomata

ILS issue returned

Guest jomata

I have posted this issue before and didn't get an answer from PSS Support.Please look at the pic below.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/130839.jpgAs you can see, the ILS glideslope bar shows the aircraft well below glidepath, whilst the VASI/PAPI show "on glidepath".Even the FD bars show on course and on glidepath, and they are supposed to follow the ILS needles.The aircraft is in autoland mode, wind 0/0.This happens at every airport with PSS models.Every other aircraft in my inventory, shows the glideslope bar correctly.Is there a config file where I can tune up the glideslope bar?All I need is for it go down 1,5 dots.Does this happen to anyone else?Thanks in advance for any help.Jo

Guest jomata

John,This is true for any airport. No matter whether I have an add on or not. The one in the picture is actually LPPT ILS Rwy21.What makes the ILS needles move in PSS Airbus? Where does it get the info from?As you can see, the FD bars are perfectly aligned, the VASI/PAPI show on glidepath.What puzles me is that this doesn't happen with any other model, FS or add on.Please helpJo

Guest larezz

I have the same problem, at all airports

Guest jomata

LarezThe problem you have is it with PSS A320 only, or other aircraft in your inventory?Jo

Guest jomata

AllIt is obvious to me by now, that no one knows how to tackle this issue.I am convinced that it is a Gauge (PFD) issue within PSS panel.Is there an editor that will allow me to look into the PSS-a320.gau and eventually edit it?If not, can I unistall PSS aircraft and reinstall them using the same (ABPro_Base_Setup.exe and A340Pro_Base_Setup.exe) installation files I dowloaded from PSS?Jo

Guest jomata

Trying to resurface this issue, maybe someone can share some light.Thank youJo

Guest spike

I also have same problem on A320 and A330/A340 at every airport been so since first install,another problem I have and can not resolve is all my PSS Airbuses land to one side of runnway never on centre line this is at every airport, all my other aircraft land centre line.I would like to get these isues sorted if anyone has the answerRegards and thanksSpike

Guest Maestro

yep, thats the way she is i guess...happens to me too...but I really dont mind having the aircraft a bit below the glideslope...lands perfectly for me.

Guest vrandar

I'll have a look at the problem tonight, I've never spent any time on it. Perhaps a tweak of the .air file might be all that is required (although I suspect it is more likely something in the coding in the panel).Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training CaptainBritish Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jomata

MaestroI do mind, only because if I want to manually land the aircraft in IMC conditions (low vertical and horizontal visibility), I will have to rely on the ILS solely. Therefore I'll land short and may hit the RWY well before the precision approach touchdown point (some 1000' after landing threshold).Jo

Guest vrandar

It might be line 1199 (autopilot/secondary aerodynamics) in the airfile and inside that possibly line 43 "GS lock gain/offset" or maybe line 46 "GS Rate FB". I have never changed either of those entries and am not a flight dynamics expert so this will be trial and error. I'll let you know the results.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jomata

RobIs there an editor for the .air file?If there is, I can always back up my current .air and tweek a test.air file.Jo

Guest jomata

RobI hate doing this but I just did a fresh installation of FS9+9.1 (no scenery add-ons) and the PSS320/340 and still have the same issue.ILS glideslope does not coincide with VASI/PAPI.I'm just asking from whom may know how the "thing" was programmed, what "drives" the glideslope bar up and down.It's a pitty, because PMDG 737NGs don't do it, LevelD 767 doesn

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.