Sign in to follow this  
Guest triplesevenpilot

An idea for a SOLUTION to ALL PSS product problems?

Guest triplesevenpilot

I have an idea for a solution to problems with PSS products - how about Phoenix DEVELOP AND TEST THEIR PRODUCTS PROPERLY BEFORE THEY RELEASE THEM? Just an idea? Then maybe when I loaded up my A330, the ECAM wouldn't show the aircraft to have four engines, because the last time I looked, I'm sure it only had two (at least only two of them are running, I guess I should be thankful for that?). I could understand (to some extent) if I had the A340 installed, and FS was getting the two a/c confused, but I don't. And this is a brand new, clean installation of FS and the A330! Rubbish!I

Guest vrandar

I've never had this problem with the A330 (or the opposite problem with the A340) and both worked fine "out of the box" for me. But your problem has surfaced before and we do clearly need to resolve the issue for you.A couple of things to try. With the Airbuses, always start your FS session with a default FS9 aircraft with avionics on (I use the Boeing 737) and then switch to the Airbus. You can still do a cold and dark start with the Airbus. But starting with a default Microsoft aircraft is for most people necessary to overcome odd glitches caused by the way Microsoft loads aircraft.If this doesn't work, delete FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.dll and reinstall the newest FSUIPC.Edit: if neither of those work could you post the contents of your pssab-propanel.330 cfg file here for me to have a look at (or email it to me at airbus@speedbirdonline.co.uk address if you prefer). Thanks.

Guest garnold

I had this exact same problem. I had to delete and reinstall the Airbus A330 and A340 in its entirety.

Guest orobian

Never experienced such a problem. Probably I'm one of those super lucky men who never ever had problems with all the AIBs from PSS.

Greetz,just today, I experienced the very same problem: 4 engine displays (with two dead) in the A330.Please check the respective title entry in the aircraft.cfg. If it says, for example, PSS A330-200 Air Canada, you most probably will get the wrong ECAM display. Dunno why, but it is so.The entry must read PSS A330-200 RR Air Canada, for example; by entering the engine type into the title entry, you will get the proper ECAM.It worked for me, so maybe it works also for you.Boris

Guest triplesevenpilot

Excellent, that worked a treat, thanks Boris!

Guest ELP

>I've never had this problem with the A330 (or the opposite>problem with the A340) and both worked fine "out of the box"............Yes. I just got the A330 and was pleasantly suprised what a nice product it is. "Worked right out of the box" was the same for me. Nice as I did have some issues with the A320 series that had to be handled before I could use it. Love the PSS A330.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.