Sign in to follow this  
Guest ciruelo

PSS A340 300 Runway Requirements

Guest ciruelo

Can someone please let me know what would be safe minimum Take Off and Landing runway lengths for a fully laden A340 300.I have searched everywhere in the documentation and on this forum with no success. I have managed to haul off (just)on 7075ft at Luton but coming in on the same length seemed to be about 2000ft too short. Help will be much appreciated.ciruelo

Hi Ciruelo,The PSS operating summary for a fully laden A340-300 shows field lengths to be as follows:Take off: 9150ft to 10500ftLanding: 6100ft to 6870ftSo it seems you were lucky to get into the air, but should just have enough space to land.Hope this helps.RegardsMervyn

Mervyn Edwards

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest ciruelo

Thanks Mervyn.Where exactly did you find that information? I got off OK but on landing I was still doing about 100 with reversers on when I reached the end of the runway. My interest is being able to select appropriate airports for routes. Its no fun if after a couple of hours flying you can't get it down safelyciruelo

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.