Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

FSUIPC

While waiting for your B-777 to become available, I just purchased the Airbus Pro package and some liveries. So far I haven't done much flying yet in them, but I was a little dismayed though when my other add-ons started reporting I was running with an old version of FSUIPC. (I had 3.50 registered installed) Sure enough I checked, and it appears your installation replaced it with version 3.47. This is a very bad practice to change an existing configuration without notice. It makes me wonder if it changed anything else, I should be aware of. Also is your 777 installation going to do the same?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest vrandar

The PSS installation procedure normally asks via checkboxes which software you want installed and FSUIPC is one of those choices - at least it was for the Dash8 I installed this morning. I haven't seen the installation procedure for the 777 but assume that it is the same. Personally I never install FSUIPC from a program over the version I already have as it is inevitably slightly out of date due to the timelag involved in getting the release out. Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest dt1951

Also realize that the installer program has specified files loaded in it. What was loaded when the installer was created is what you will get. It doesn't check to see what the most current load files (FSUIPC, etc.) are available. It installs what it has. If this is the first time this has happened to you, then this should give you some kind of warning to check this when you get other payware aircraft. The Ready For Pushback 747-200 (a wonderful aircraft) installs a very old version of FSUIPC when you install the aircraft. A good habit to get into is to always check FSUIPC (I usually just reinstall my most current version of it when I install a payware aircraft), and reinstall your most current one if needed. It really is quite painless to do this, and will save you lots of headaches. It's unrealistic to expect the payware development companies to continuously rebuild their installer programs when newer versions of FSUIPC come out.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.