Sign in to follow this  
Guest bonniew

SpySubtract Detects Venus Fly Trap During Installation

Guest bonniew

SpySubtract Detects Venus Fly Trap During Installation and it has been noted that the installer scans all drives even those not concerned with the installation..someone must correct this. This is a serious matter of privacy.Bonnie

Guest bonniew

THE ATTACHMENT ON THIS MESSAGE SHOWS AN AFTER INSTALLATION SCAN WHICH POINTS TO YOUR ADW_2020Search AS A THREAT. YOU MIGHT NOTE THAT THEY ARE FIRST DETECTED DURING INSTALLATION. THERE ARE (2) DUE TO MY RE-INSTALL OF MY NEW 777 AND MY OLD AIRBUS PRO. DURING INSTALLATION THE SEARCH FOR FILES READS ALL OF MY DRIVES EVEN THE 4 NOT RELATED TO FS2004; IN PLAIN LANGUAGE THAT IS A PRIVACY ISSUE.IN THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE I SCOLLED THE FILENAME ACCIDENTLY. IT POINTED TO THE SAME FILE AND CALLS IT A VENUS FLY TRAP. SPYSUBTRACT IS BY INTERMUTE.BONNIE

Guest NormanB

The term is "False Positives."Basically anti virus / anti spyware programs look for "signatures."If it finds something *similar* then some programmes will flag this up as being a threat - a positive reading.However I can say, categorically, that the files are without spyware or virus. Only 2 people (not including the host's admins) have write access to the folder; I am one of them and the other is out of the country.Having just checked the installation files for all the Airbus products they have not been changed for many months I looked again at the error image and it shows a 777 installer so I am really confused now with this being an Airbus forum.I then downloaded all the 777 files from both servers and scanned them using Spy Sweeper, MS Spyware and Nortons. None of them found anything untoward.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.