Sign in to follow this  
Guest gramaticus

PSS Default Airbus keys

Guest gramaticus

Hi Members.After a prolonged period of uneventful flying, have had to re-format PC due HDD failure. Have reinstalled FS2002 and full installation of the PSS Airbus series from scratch, but have some minor problems.Where are the default (PSS) keyboard selections found since I cannot get the +/- keys to work the FLX/MCT when lined up, and as I can't apply power, I can't get it back to the CL gate either.Once the Airbus is airborne (by using Manual throttle advance from the pedestal, when the AP is selected, the aircraft (any PSS aircraft) dives sharply to the ground in an uncontrolled fashion.I have the latest Registered version of FSUIPC installed. What could be so different following the re-installMany ThanksPaul

Guest NormanB

The default keys are the +/- on the number keypad!

Guest gramaticus

Hello Norman.Thanks for the reply.I am aware that it's the +/- on the keypad, but the key strokes allocated to (certainly) the + key is Cockpit zoom.I know that key values can be changed within FS2002 for all things Microsoft, and also that key strokes can be allocated from within FSUIPC, but as this is a PSS specific Airbus problem I seem to be up against, I was wondering where (physically) PSS key strokes are saved to/changed from, so I can check that the +/- keys are in fact advancing to FLX & retarding the throttle to CL, and not Cockpit zooming.Many ThanksPaul

Paul,Norman said "the +/- on the Numbered Keypad. Thats the numbers on the right-hand side of your keyboard not, the numbers along the top.The '-' numbered key also deploys the reverse thrust so, it's a good idea to assign this key for all aircraft instead of the default 'F2' key to stop confusion?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest gramaticus

Hello Dave.What, Devon warm......at this time of the year !! I don't believe itAnyway, back to the subject in hand. Yes, it's the +/- keys directly in front of the ENTER key that I want to make carry out the PSS action, but my question is (Once more)Where is the .ini or .cfg file for these keys. Is it the key allocation in FSUIPC, or the key allocation within Microsoft ?Best RgdsPaulCold and Frosty Nottingham

Guest vrandar

I don't think it's either (though I could be mistaken) so there is no ini or cfg file to look at, it is hard-coded into the panel. Something else must have been assigned to these keys perhaps which is conflicting?Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

>Hello Dave.>>What, Devon warm......at this time of the year !! I don't>believe it>>Paul>Cold and Frosty Nottingham>Well it's not that cold but we never have any frost or snow here In Torquay,- something to do with the Gulf Stream :-xxrotflmao Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest gramaticus

Hello again Norman.In reply to my problem with +/- key strokes, could it be, as Rob Elliott has suggested, that the key strokes are hard coded into the panel ?This information in the first place would have been helpful in solving the problem, which at this stage is still not fixed.Best RgdsPaul

Guest NormanB

Paul,I have found no way to change the association from the NUMPAD.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.