Sign in to follow this  
Guest philnutt

Some minor Glitches

Guest philnutt

Hello all at PSS Support.I have your entire Airbus catalog and I enjoy using them even though I had the usual teething problems. (the A330 still warm resets my machine for no reason at all every once in a while)My poser to you is this:I fly for a VA called Euroharmony (You may have already had this question but I could not find it!) They have recently launched a new flight logger and division called "Pro Pilot". The flight logger sets the realism to the max and constantly sends data about our flights to the VA Database. At the end of the flight it then rates your flight performance. Many of us have tried flying the PSS A320 on their Pro Pilot flights only discover we are being penalised for a couple of reasons. 1) The Flight Logger looks for the Landing Lights to be switched on below FL100. Even though they are turned on as far as the overhead is concerned, when raising the gear, the PSS bus automatically turns landing lights off. (As far as FSUIPC is concerned) This results in a penalty score for our pilots!2) When engaging the autopilot after take off and setting the Altitude Hold, the autopilot briefly takes the climb rate above 4500fpm again resulting in a penalty. (again as far as FSUIPC is reporting) Is there any quick cure or alteration to the air file that can be made by us to overcome these problems?Thanks for your help,Phil Nutt

Guest vrandar

1)It is unrealistic for landing lights to be ON on takeoff up to FL100. They are usually turned off in the after takeoff checks. On landing they go on usually below FL120 on some airlines or FL100 on others. I think you need to get your VA software adjusted. The landing lights are hard-coded into the panel so there is no adjustment that can be made.2) This comes down to pilot error I'm afraid: if you are holding V2+10 accurately on takeoff you should not experence the sharp pitch up which is caused by the computers trying to get the speed back to V2+10 after you have shot through it. Try staying on V2+10 - perhaps set your pitch trim to -2.0UP which helps with this - or remain on manual flying until after the acceleration altitude which should also help.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest philnutt

Thanks for your response. As for the lights issue, I understand what you are saying about take off procedures. Does the real Airbus automatically turn all landing lights off on gear up? Unfortunately even if you turn lights on during decent below FL120, the flight logger does not see them till Gear Down (I guess this is something to do with the information being received from FSUIPC) so unfortunately I will just have to stick with the IFDG freeware fleet. Thanks for the advice on the AP issue, I will post your suggestions in our forum for the other pilots.Regards,Phil Nutt

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.