Sign in to follow this  
Guest Debosonic

Airbus A380

Guest Debosonic

First of all may I thank PSS for the wonderful B777-200LR. I have just completed a 14h28 min flight from KSEA to VTBD in the Thai Airways new colours. Flight was good.Now in the skies of Dubai we see the new A380 in Emirates colours doing displays. I am visiting the airshow this Thursday.I would just like to know if PSS has ever considered providing the simming community with a good quality A380. I think they are most suited to doing it.George JoachimOMRK(Maybe I should have posted this in the airbus forum...but here is where the action is these days)

Guest m1st4_pr1m3

HiI had the same question in this forum some days ago here is my thread url...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=5713&page=2but nobody answered to it....this will be verry cool if pss could build a professional A380 becouse pss allways build airbus....So Please Phoenix Build An Airbus A380 Proffessional......byeJacek

The A380 is still months (if not years) until it is being flown commercially. I'd much rather see an updated Airbus Pro series.Besides, Wilco already has an A380 out...Pat

Guest m1st4_pr1m3

Wilco Has An Airbus A380 out but its complete ####.... there are soooo many functions missing... ####.... And they dont think to make an update for the real important things they make updates for the layout or paints and the fmc still dont have sid stars and no v1 v2 vr and so on and so on... Comon PhoenixYou know that there are soooo many fans from the airbus a380 and if there will be a real good professional plane from the a380 this will be awsome....byeJacek

Right now it is impossible to assess, develop or judge any A380. The bird has been in the air for what, a few months? You won't find any real-life pilots to test and tweak any A380 add-on for any flight simulator, because there aren't any at this point. So every attempt to even start developing any A380 of even a 'good quality' will result in disappointment.Gee, there isn't even a really awesome A320 on the horizon and that is one of the world's most popular plane! I'd much, much rather to have developers to look into what we have right now and develop a really good A380 when the time and expertise is available.Pat

Guest 320MAD

Hi Guys,Whilst I agree that it would be great to have a good quality 380 I can't see what the mania about large / heavy aircraft is. All the aircraft producers seem to be making 777, 767, 747 and other such type of aircraft. I do a lot of flying on IVAO and sometimes some flights strike me as odd. For example pilots doing a 200nm flight with a 747 just for the sake of it.I agree that PSS have made a great 777 I'm in love with the freight version but I'm wondering if we could have a replacement for the 320 professional. There is no recent 320 in production and none of the aircraft producers are talking about one. Has any thought been put into this? Congratulatins PSS on the 777 and keep up the good work but don't forget us that have been flying the 320 for over a year.

Guest vrandar

320Mad I agree with you on this one: the A380 would have appeal to fewer pilots than an update of the shorter-range A320 family. But commercial considerations will come into play in the decision over what to release next. All things are possible now that the 777 has been released, but what those things are has not yet been decided as far as I know.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest airbusgek

Link and post deleted.This is a support forum, not an advertising board. Thanks,

Guest 320MAD

Just go to their forum and see how good their other products are ;) read some of the comments on their forum.

Guest oliver mcrae

Well I think that PSS had the right idea with the making of the newer 777 varitions in that they already had the 200ER so they made the 200LR,LRF and 300ER. I hope that they will go with that mind set to the A340 for then they could do the A340-500 and A340-600 as there are no goo A340-500 and 600 out now (no offense to simubuild). As people wanted a new A320 series I am for that also. If they could do a dual development plan like they did with the 777 and 757 that would be great but I am just hoping that they will even consider and hopefully take on the making of the A340-500 and 600.Thank you for taking the time to read this post.Oliver McRae

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.