Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

A340 makes ATC silent

Guest rohalyg

Rob,I'am happy to send you more details. I started my carrier in real airliner maintenence, so have memories about what a complex troubleshooting can mean. I will be able to make tests tomorrow, until that please specify what data you need on top of the list below:- screenshot of the overhead in failure condition- version of my FSUIPC- panel.cfg, aircraft.cfg filesSome initial observations: I experienced the problem with simply switching battery on and hooking to external power, tuning to the local ATIS (as an indicator when it goes silent)and touch nothing else as well as starting the complete preflight procedure and getting to around the taxi clearance (MCDU programming, APU, engine start, etc.). When I noticed, that the gears are stuck that was an instance when I simply carried on with silent radios, taxied out and started the route. Everything, AT in Flex mode, then CL, latheral and vertical modes seemed to work fine. On FSUIPC: I started with one with a bunch of limited registrations coming with different add-on planes. Then I purchased a full licence, but did not helped. Nowe as I reinstalled, I only have that the A3xx package includes, but if required I will reinstall the full licence.That's all for today. Gabor

Guest IanGrant

I too have the same problems mentioned above. I just bought and installed the Airbus 319/320/321 today and did two flights with it, neither of which I finished due to the gear not retracting, and making performance miserable. I always start with the default C172. I move it to what ever gate I am going to depart from, set up a flight plan, and start the sim. After the sim has loaded up, I cut the mixture on the cessa, return it to rich after the engine has stopped, and shut off the battery and altenator as well as the mags. I leave the avionics switch on. The I load up the Airbus, which is set to cold and dark, engines off. I do the preflight and program the MCDU, push back and start up. Usually by this time the ATC is no longer working. The first time this happened it didn't bother me much as I wanted to fly SIDs and STARs anyways. After taking off, I could not get the gear up for the life of me. I had no error messages on the EICAS, and everything else was working fine. I cycled the battery switches, as well as the hydralics. I used every method to manipulate the gear including my joystick, keyboard, and clicking on the gear handle. The gear handle will move, but the gear do nothing. I have a fully registered copy of FSUIPC installed with the bettery drain set to upwards of an hour I belive. One other thing to note though, is the the flaps continue to work and I am able to deploy and retract them freely, and thes are usually dependant on having electrical power as will. (Turn off your battery, and extend the flaps. They do nothing. Leave the lever there and turn on the battery and they will then extend.) I have a fair bit of knowledge and experience with FS, and this one has really got me. It is very hard to fly with the gear stuck down. I hope someone can solve this problem for myself and everyone else experiencing this problem.

>I have actualy had this problem as well with the dash 8 series, I load everything and then in a few minutes the atc goes dead. the atc contines to show a window but does not respond to inputs..?? you need to restart fs to get going again. How does on correct this with a340I'll look at this in more detail when I get back from work>tonight>>Rob Elliott, EGPE Inverness>PSS Airbus Support and>Airbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual >airbus@speedbirdonline.co.uk>http://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.html>http://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest IanGrant

Ok, I have nailed this down. It has to do with the panel's bettery and generator switches. The panel's electrical systems work independant of the FS electrical system. That meaning that turning on the Airbus's battery does not actaully turn on the FS battery, but as far as the panel is concerned, it has power. I was fiddling with the keyboard short cuts to see if this was the problem. 'M' toggle the battery, and 'SHIFT+M' toggles the generators. I am not possitive what is not actually getting turned on, but after a couple of keystrokes, the ATIS came back on and the gear came up. I am whipping up a small gauge that will not only tell me what is not on, but also allow me to turn it on. If you guys want, I can upload it here to AVSIM so you guys may install it and fly using the cold and dark start up config.

Guest IanGrant

Ok, I just tested this small gauge that I made to see exactly what was happening. The FS battery defaults to off when you load the Airbus with the cold and dark situation selected. I was able to see exactly what was turned on and what wasn't. If you guys want I will upload it (very tiny file), but due to copy rights, you will have to make the panel.cfg entry manually. I can provide cut and paste instructions. If you guys want it, let me know.EDIT: I do not own the 330 or 340, however the gauge should still work just fine, and will allow you to make sure you have at least two generators running on the A340, which is more than sufficiant as far as FS is concerned.

Guest MisteurJ

Yes,it would be great to upload here the gauge !Thank you for your work... :-)

Guest NormanB

Please dont forget to sign your posts guys - it makes it much less formal when replying!The ATC vanishing is tied in with the Dead Battery Syndrome. In short, we are held prisoner with a long time MSFS bug.If you search, many many people have talked about this issue. It can be fixed in FSUIPC.

Guest IanGrant

I have to leave for work here in a few minutes, but when I get home tonight I will prepare it to upload and it should be in the library tonight by 2300Z time. The battery is something that you cannot help if you do not have FSUIPC, but you will be able to ensure that you have operational generators and that you will have power for ATC and landing gear operation. Since adding it I have done two successful flights with no problems what so ever.

Guest MisteurJ

Hi,a question about this ATC/gear/battery problem :to solve it, do we need a registered FSUIPC version ?Or this gauge will work and fix this ?I think it's annoying to have to buy FSUIPC only to fix that...Cheers,Joel

Guest vrandar

The unregistered version doesn't (as far as I am aware) allow you to make the changes necessary. In any case the registered version has lots of very good stuff and we certainly recommend it.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest IanGrant

I definately reccomend a registered version of FSUIPC. It is a great little tool. That being said, no, you do not need a registered version to get everything to work on the Airbus series. All you need to do is ensure that the battery and generators are in fact operational. I will package the gauge shortly and upload it. More detail will be included in the readme.

Sounds great .let us know when it is uploaded and where..Thank you>I definately reccomend a registered version of FSUIPC. It is>a great little tool. That being said, no, you do not need a>registered version to get everything to work on the Airbus>series. All you need to do is ensure that the battery and>generators are in fact operational. I will package the gauge>shortly and upload it. More detail will be included in the>readme.

Guest IanGrant

Ok, the file is uploaded under FS2004 Misc. The file name is PSSA3XFix.zip. Please not that this is a 3rd party fix and is not supported by PSS. I will monitor this thread for any questions or problems with the fix. Enjoy!!!

Guest MisteurJ

Thank you very much for this gauge, but unfortunately, it doesn't work on my FS.ATC stops about 5 minutes after... And the 3 leds of your gauge are on...I turn on the engines, and ATC comes back (exactly like before). I have no pb with the gear.I have the unregistered version of FSUIPC (v3.51).Thanks anyway, it could work on other computers !Joel

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.