Sign in to follow this  
Guest koomeister

Landing PSS planes with a crosswind...

Hey chaps,I hadn't flown my PSS A330 in a while, so I decided to shoot some ILS approacheds into Seattle... I made a final for runway 34 with an 8kt crosswind from the right. I set up a full autoland, and five miles out, everything looks good. It's when I get close to the runway that things go wrong, I'm sitting back and letting the plane do its thing, and it starts to drift off to the left of the runway, every time, without fail. I'm thinking, this shouldn't happen with a gentle crosswind, the plane should sort itself out for an autoland so I should have to do nothing. Try to correct this with right rudder and the plane is determined to bank left to counter this. This only happens with PSS airbuses (I don't have the 777 so wouldn't know) the LDS 767 and PMDG 737 handles crosswinds on autolands well. It happens only with a crosswind, no wind and it lands fine. I've messed around with the realism settings to no avail - is it something really obvious that I'm missing? Approach settings/FS settings or something???? Thanks in advance.Cheers,Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Might want to try again with the latest version of FSUIPC. One of the recent releases had a bug that affected crosswind component. I think 3.53 is current now.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

TomI have felt the same with such gentle crosswinds. Have you tried to use selected speed instead of managed speed and increase the approach reference speed by 5 Kts? It helped a bit in my case. Just don't foget to slow down to VLS just before touchdown.RegardsJo

I experience the exact same thing even after i updated my fsuipc. The airplane is still very crooked.

Sign in to follow this