Sign in to follow this  
MBentz

330/340 Question

Hi guys. I need your opinions on these Bus'es. I'm mainly looking at the A330 for now and am wondering if it's worth the price. I keep hearing people say that the 330/340 series was a bust. Why is that? Is there something wrong with the plane?BTW - PSS, I'm really enjoying your T7!

Guest NormanB

Whilst I enjoy the triple 7, I am a bus driver at heart and spend more time in the A342 than any other aircraft in my fleet by a long way.

Guest pegase

I bought last week the A340 and, for now, I am shared between two oposite opinions:1) The negative point is a bug in the electric system causing the failure of- Nav, strobes and beacon lights- Radios (ATC, ATIS, VOR, ILS)- Gear operations... So far, after som 5 tries, I could just finish one flight gate to gate (with 2 temporary electric failure but fortunately not in critic moments)2) The positive parts:- Very nice visuals and animations such spoilers flaps reverse (I could enjoy it once...)- Completely functional fmc and interaction with autopilot. She can nearly fly along the flight plan from runway to runway by her own, take the holding pattern, quit the holding pattern and resume the plan with simple actions on the fmc.- Acurate Vx calculation upon weight and weather.- Also nice to fly "the classic way" and manually.- Complete documentation and tutorials.In conclusion:As soon as I get the solution to fix this blocking electric problem, I will simply post here "A MUST, JUMP ON IT !!!"Kind regards from,Pierre

How do you avoid the bug? Is it even possible? It doesn't sound like Norman has that problem.

Guest Cancer

Hello Pierre,have a look in the "A340 makes the ATC silent" folder.ciao, Ren

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.