Sign in to follow this  
Guest seacat

Weird problem with PSS A320 pro

Dear Guys,I have been flying this baby since long now however I am facing some wierd problems with my A320. Like they say ... it's always a learning game.Can anybody help/advise. ??I have been thru the previous posts but cannot find a similar topic. THE PROBLEM;1. On initial climb to the designated FL the aircraft zooms up at 3500 -4500 fpm and then just as drastically comes back to 1500 fpm.2. On approach, when the aircraft turns towards the CF (centerfix) with LOC armed, it stalls , I get the Alpha floor and crashes.The speed just drops too fast to react.This has happened repeatedly so I kept the IAS maually at 160 kts, but the moment the aircraft started turning to the CF it stalled.(Flap setting was at Flap1 at this point and localizer was not captured at this point).Getting a little desperate now !!!!!Thanks,Naval.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you used the load edit utility and then set the ZFW and block figures in the MCDU?

Dear Norman,To reply to your question, Yes I had used the load edit facility.I do not recollect the figures, but I will perform one more flight and revert with the statistics.Thanks for your help.Best regards,Naval.

I was having similar problems.I did try all the remedies suggested thus far but the problem persisted.Then I tried the IFDG aircraft.cfg by Pedro Oliveira and the problems didnt recur. This may or may not work for everyone but worth a shot I guess.My analysis could be wrong but I strongly feel the following could have some bearing on this problem.In PSS aircraft.cfg file the stalling speeds are as [Reference Speeds]flaps_up_stall_speed=190.000000full_flaps_stall_speed=152.000000Whereas in IFDG aircraft.cfg file the stalling speeds are[Reference Speeds]flaps_up_stall_speed = 128.0full_flaps_stall_speed = 102.0Now, if the PSS FMS is calculating its managed speeds at the correct figure, the aircaft will declerate to a lower speed as against the higher stall speed in aircraft.cfg file.This brings in A floor etc and the plane sinks in deep stall.In IFDG the plane is still above it;s stall speed.Well. This is just my layman's loud thinking.BTW Thanx to the support team for a wonderful and prompt support/ tutorials etccaptbala

Sign in to follow this