Sign in to follow this  
Guest pegase

Landing lights linked to gears.

Guest pegase

There are some little issues with the lights on the PSS A340Landing lights:They operate following the ON/OFF switch or keyboard shortcut as long as the gears ar down. But when the gears are retracted, the landing lights are OFF whatever you do with the switch or key. This lacks of realism in spot view and make undeserved penalties in add ons like FsPassengers (btw, a great one :) ), which monitors your landing lights which must be ON as long as you are under FL 100Beacons:They work fine but are very very tiny, almost unpossible to use spot view to check if they are on before starting the engines.Logo:As stephan wrote, the logo light is always ON.Question:Is it normal that APU does not produce any sound ?

Guest NormanB

Pierre,>undeserved penalties in add ons like FsPassengers The Airbus family uses effects for lights, therefore FSPax wont detect them at any stage. Our aircraft was out for a long time before FSPax. The only contact we have ever had was a day or two before the 777 was released.>Beacons:>They work fine but are very very tiny, almost unpossible to>use spot view to check if they are on before starting the>engines.Thats the scale size of them. If we made them larger than scale others would complain!>Logo:A limitation of the way they interact with FS.Best regards,

Guest vrandar

Landing lights: this is a limitation within FS.Beacons: I'm not an expert on this but although there are some parameters in the aircraft.cfg I think the lights themselves are hard-coded into the model so there's not much we can do.APU: As a pilot in the A320 you would be hard-pressed to hear the APU when it is on, so the sound level is realistic.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest pegase

Landing lights: OK, for the limitation within FS, but... on all my others plane, there is no problem to keep the LL active while the gears are up. (and get penalties in FS because I forgot to switch them OFF above FL 100 :))Beacons, OK, I can live with them as they are. Anyway in RL, the pilot checks the panel rather than going outside :)APU: I never went into the cockpit of the A320. As passenger, I noticed there are already turbine sounds in the cabin when boarding while the engines are still off. But I cannot tell if it is the APU itself or air fans or compressor.But when outside, the APU is quite soundy.Something else I noticed, travelling in A320: a quite hard-pressing compressor sound in the passenger cabin coming from ?? seems to be a compressor making the noise of a 50cc motorbike.Last time I travelled on the A319 was pleased to not hear this sound. but, during push-back and beginning of taxi, a kind of "woup - woup -woup" like an old bed in heavy duty :) Any idea what it can be ?

Guest vrandar

You might want to try installing replacement sounds. There are several packages avaialble from avsim but the ones I use which I think are very good are by Mike Maarse.The sound you heard on the A319 was the hydraulic power transfer unit (PTU). The PTU operates when either Green or Yellow system is not operating and transfers hydraulic power between the separate hydraulic systems, especially when only one engine is running. It comes on when the pressure in the other system drops. The PTU runs just long enough to repressurize the system then stops. It's quite normal.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest pegase

Thanks for your answers about the hydraulic pump. I will search for Mike Maarse's sounds.And, well, if anyfurther there is a bit of time in your development planing, a Service Pack for the PSS Airbus line would be a great new ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.