Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgahan

Violent Pitch Down Behavior When Engaging AutoPilot

Guest bgahan

Hi everyone,Weirest thing, has never happened to me in all the year PSS has been out. Just got a new rig, reinstalled the Airbus Pro and everytime I engage the autopilot after takeoff, the airplane dives hard to the ground. Don't know what could be causing this any suggestions.ZFW 123,000Fuel 12,000TOW= 135,000Trim 1/UP1.0Flaps= 1+FThanks for any advice.BrianP39

Guest bgahan

Hi Rob,That did the trick. Feelthere recommended this setting and it screwed it up. Thank you.Brian

Guest Andre77ab

I've reinstall FS9.1 and the Airbus PRO, I've the same problem, but I don't own a registered FSUIPC, also I've flickering problem on 2d panel :-((Any idea?Andy

Guest Phoenix5

Hi Andy,Try this for a fix:* Go to your PSSABPRO folder and find the panel.cfg* Search for the ⌈window08⌉ section (note that those are really square brackets)* Find the line size_mm=1,1 * Change it to read size_mm=2,2* Save and close.regards,

Guest Andre77ab

Perfect!! thanks a lot, now the panel its OK! :-)But about the behavior of A/P what can I do? to avoid the known pitch problem? I've a 3.53 FSUIPC not registered,...Andy

Guest vrandar

Below is teh contribution from a pilot called Greg here on the forum. In the absence of the registered FSUIPC what he says makes sense and might help you."...as soon as you turn on the AP, the elevators return to a neutral position and the pitch is controlled by elevator trim. If the aircraft's pitch is not trimmed in the climb when you hit the AP1 or AP2 button, this will result in a pitch down while the autopilot takes control of the climb with the elevator trim.So after I leave the runway, I always try to have the stick centred and the aircraft stable in the climb, before switching to autopilot. This way, the trim is already close to where the AP wants it and the elevators are settled, meaning the transition from manual flight to autoflight requires a smaller adjustment to attitude."Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest Andre77ab

>Hi Andy,>>Try this for a fix:>>* Go to your PSSABPRO folder and find the panel.cfg>* Search for the ⌈window08⌉ section (note that>those are really square brackets)>* Find the line size_mm=1,1 >* Change it to read size_mm=2,2>* Save and close.>>regards,I did the modification, BUT now still flickering,....what should I do?As well during CL phase after with AP connected there is a speed fluctuation till the stall.... Andy

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.