Sign in to follow this  
Guest Skywalker

A330/A340 Engine start in VC-Cockpit...

Guest Skywalker

Hi!I found a way to turn off the engines in the VC's overhead panel by simply cutting off the fuel flow... I wonder if there's any change to start engines in the VC cockpit also? It's no problem to get the APU running on the overhead, so far so good, but do I start the engines then. I was able to assign the keys to switch all essential buttons via keyboard, however, engines won't start until I go back to the 2D-panel. Is it possible to manually start the engines on the 3D overhead panel with a running APU?Thank you very much, Sam

Guest vrandar

The only way is by using the FS autostart keyboard assignments providing you have already established electrical and bleed air supply. Other than that you need the pedestal as that is where the Mode and ON switches are.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest Skywalker

Thank you very much, Rob!I was also able to assign every single switch on the pedestal panel, but the engines still wouldn't start - APU running - unless I am leaving the VC and show up the pedestal for just a second. I could verify that the MODE switch was really ON and so are both engine switches which proves at least that all assignments were correct. Very odd, that without touching any switch then, just by simply choosing the pedestal, the engines are iniating. It seems to me that there's another bug sitting. Best regards, Sam

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.