Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkyMonster

PSS Airbus Cockpit Night Lighting

Guest SkyMonster

Gentlemen,I may be asking something that may have been answered long ago but...Having recently watched the Qatar Airways A330 DvD from Justplanes, i was wondering a couple of things:1. Why did PSS provide that ugly brown light on the night time panel??2. Is there a Patch to bring it online with the real night time lighting where only the dials and switches are backlight most beautifully in white and lastly3. If the answer to 2 is NO, then are they planning to provide an update/patch that most certainly needs to be done or when "fingers crossed" they bring out an A340-500/600 series that most desperately needs to be done and i believe that PSS is the ONLY Company that SHOULD and COULD do it properly will it correctly SHOW the night lighting as it should be or at the LEAST a guage/dial so that you can dim the interior cockpit light to give us that majestic nighttime feeling that is seen in the DvD's REAL LIFE operations.Hopefully someone can provide answers and fixes to what is such a magnificent product but flawed hugely when doing night time operations....Sky Monster!

Guest vrandar

The attached photo of an A340 (courtesy and copyright of airliners.net and Bjorn Alegren the photographer) I hope shows that the colour scheme on the PSS Airbuses is fairly close although could perhaps be a bit "softer" and slightly more washed out. In the photo you can quite clearly see the brown caused by the lighting. There is no patch to adjust the lighting on the current fleet. As to the future, sorry I really don't know what the releases will be after the next one which is a 757.AirlinersNetphotoID933634a.jpgRob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest SkyMonster

Rob, Great photo (half their luck flying them in the first place),let me say firstly and thanks for the reply to the thread, i wasnt expecting one..Some photos of what im talking about at airliners, there ID numbers below:THIS IS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!!--> 978613 / 923866 and 765013 Also worth checking out are 767720 and 791559How awesome would it be landing with those visual and no light from the panel taking away your night time landing views...Well worth the lookin is the Qatar Airways A330-200 DVD as i mentioned before.Great work PSS (Hope the 757 has a Fix Page), and i understand that you probably couldnt tell us if you did know what was comming next due to the competitiveness of FS-Addons these days.Sky Monster.Puckapunyal Australia

For what its worth, I agree with Sky. The photo that Rob showed is in an unusual configuration, as the flood lighthing isnt used as part of normal ops. Normally the integral lighting within the panels are used only, as to add more to Airbus' "lights out" configuration.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.