Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

Takeoff distance for the A320

I read a review of the A320 addon that said the takeoff distance was longer than it should be and that they had to do that to get the flight model right. I want to fly out of shorter airports like Burbank (KBUR) and Orange County/John Wayne(KSNA). Will that be a problem? I have the Level D 767 but that is a bit large for those airports. The review I read was very old so there may have been updates to the program or maybe the reviewer was exaggerating or something. Please let me know if any of you have had issues with this because I don

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest dt1951

I would think the Bus could get into and out of KSNA. In real life I have been in and out there in a 757-200. They do have some rather restrictive noise abatement procedures there. In flights out of there the pilot spooled up the engines with the brakes on, then let go the brakes. They said it was so they could climb quickly. I would think the Bus has enough engine power to make the takeoff there. You will also have to nail the landing to stop in time too.

Yeah I fly 737-800s for a living and have flow them out of there a bunch of times. We actaully don't have to do that noise abatement climb any more. Landing isn't so bad either. With autobrakes set to three usually we have to disengage them just to get to the second to last turnoff landing 19R. I have even see FedEx fly an A310 in there. Those guys dont mess around getting it on the ground. I am told the 757 actually stops really well because it is one of the lightest planes that has eight braking wheels opposed to the 737 ans A320s four. I was just worried after reading that review that the PSS A320 might have issues with the runway length.Tom Landry

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest dt1951

Thanks for the info Tom. Flying out of there with those noise abatement procedures felt like we were being launched by slingshot. I will jhave to give the PSS A320 a try to see how it handles the landings and takeoffs.

Cool, let me know how it goes. Oh and I should add when I say "we" don't have to do the noise abatement procedure I mean American Airlines 737s. The other planes in our fleet (MD80 757)that use SNA still have to do it. I know Continental has to do it and so far I haven't heard anyone else say they don't have to do it. I guess the Next Generation planes are quiet enough and we are the only ones to get the approval.Tom Landry

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.