Sign in to follow this  
Guest krismanning

RADIO NAV problem on A320

Guest krismanning

Hi all,I have FS9 (patched) running PSS A320 (with FS9 patch)I am seeing a couple of strange issues and I cant work out if it's me or not.My Radio Nav is intermittently resolving the frequency to the navai name... for instance, ILS at manchester is on 109.50 and should be called IMM. Sometimes my NAVAID will recognise 109.50 as being IMM, and when this happens all works 100% - But sometimes may NAVRADIO just wont resolve anything to it's name. When this happens I can never capture the localiser and glidescope :(When this happens I cant raise or lower my landing gear and I am also not able to enter anything on the ADF1/FREQ line, it just doesnt let me (but doesnt give an error)At the moment my MCDU RADIO NAV is reading as follows:- VOR1/FREQ FREQ/VOR2--ILS-- 113.55/--- CRS CRS057 ILS/FREQ---/109.50 CRS057 ADF1/FREQ0353.0When it works (havent quite worked out how I can sometimes get it working yet) it would read as follows:- VOR1/FREQ FREQ/VOR2--ILS-- 113.55/IMM CRS CRS057 ILS/FREQIMM/109.50 CRS057 ADF1/FREQ0428.0When working everything is 100% and autoland works a treat.Anybody seen this before?Cheers, Kris

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Kris,This sounds like the dead battery issue.The quick fix is to do a CTRL-M This reactivates the electricIf you have the registered version of FSUIPC, click the "dead battery fix" check box.If not, then you can edit the A320 aircraft.cfg and add the lineelectric_always_available=1 to the ELECTRICAL setion.I hope this helps,regards

Guest krismanning

Perfect, I used the FSUIPC fix and it works a treat!! :)Many thanks for that. Kris

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.