Sign in to follow this  
Guest jomata

Pannel freeze

Guest jomata

Hi allSomething strange has been happening to me lately, and I haven't installed anything new for a while.It only happens with PSS Airbus or IFDG merged PSS pannel.As I connect to VATSIM with SB3, the pannel freezes as soon as there is text in the SB3 window.Text goes away and pannel resumes normal operation.Now, what is even stranger.... another text shows up the SB3 window and I get the pannel/view I was on the first time it froze. Then again, text goes away and things come to normal.It's not funny when you are on departure roll and suddenly someone types something and you're stuck with the pedestal view for seconds until the text goes away. By then you're shooting off the RWY at 220Kts.Any clues?Best regardsJo

Guest vrandar

It sounds to me like a problem with your graphics card. Try downloading amd installing the latest drivers for it and see if that helps. There isn't a problem with the panel working with SB3.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jomata

RobI didn't have that problem until yesterday. And it only happens with PSS panel. Not with Level D 767, PMDG 737NG or FS9 default aircraft.However, I found a way around, hit CTRL+ENTER and switch to full screen. Sudenly, it started disliking windowed mode. Oh well, will live with it until a better Bus comes along.Thanks anyway.Jo

Guest vrandar

I don't know why you are blaming the PSS Airbus for this. I have always flown it in windowed mode with no trouble except when the graphics card drivers play up. I upgrade these regularly: some updates are good, some less so. Updated drivers are not necessarily better than their predecessors and several times I have gone back to earlier versions. The fact that you haven't had a problem before doesn't mean it is definitely the graphics card, but it doesn't mean it's the PSS Airbus panel either. I was merely pointing this up as a possibility but you don't seem to want to consider it. As you have the latest driver you must have updated, so how about rolling back to the previous version and seeing if that solves it.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jomata

RobI'm not blaming PSS for this. I merely pointed out it only happens with PSS Airbus, because it's true.As for the driver, it is the latest driver to my knowlege. I downloaded it about 1 month ago. And this freezing thing only started to happen 2 days ago.Before that, like yourself, I always flew in windowed mode as well without any problems, except for the FPS hunger of the A340.Don't take me wrong, I fly Airbuses (319/320/321/340) almost exclusively, for a number of reasons, some of them personal.But facts are facts and there are no two ways about it. This thing only happens with PSS panels.What I was looking was for someone who may have had gone through this, and could share some light. Why did it start to happen for no reason (as afar as I can tell)? How can solve it? Is this common? How do I find out if it is indeed the Driver? Could it be that I need to reinstall the Buses? Any clue?Best regardsJo

Guest vrandar

You said you always flew in windowed mode with no problem, then updated the driver then had the problem. So logic would tell me that the problem might be the driver. The fact that the problem only happens with the PSS Airbus is not necessarily relevant, updated drivers can cause different problems on different setups. What has changed is the driver, so rollback to the previous version and see if that fixes it. You could do a re-install of the Airbus to see if that does solve it but personally I try not to re-install and I think have only ever done so once. But you do have to look at all possible causes so it would be worth doing it to see if it helps. I think the only way you can really tell if it is the driver is to re-install/rollback the previous one.You could be right, it could be the panel. But if it is and this had happened to me I would wonder why it hadn't happened before now? What had changed? That's why I pointing you towards the graphics driver but others may have other things they can suggest. Hope you sort it.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jomata

RobI'm sorry, I didn't explain myself clearly. English is not my native language.I said I always flew in windowed mode, even after I updated the driver some 1 month ago. And I didn't notice any drawback or improvement with it. I have been flying almost daily for more than 3 months.This problem only came up 3 days ago, and I did not install anything new. Last change was AIRAC 0513 back in December.That's why I can't sort out what made the difference.Like I told you, as soon as I start SB3 and the text window become visible that's it. It's like if SB3 took a pic of whatever screen I have at that moment and displays it back as soon as the text window becomes visible again. Then the text window goes away after few seconds and I get my live screen back. Weird. Like I said, it only happens with PSS panels (pure or merged models it doesn't matter).I am going to reinstall the PSS Airbuses. And will go through the procedure of merging IFDG with Pedro Oliveira's FDE and PSS panel.Hope it will sort it out.Will keep in touchRegardsJo

Guest SORSRR

I have the same problem. Just started yesterday. The panels work great until I launch SB#, then they all freeze. No other aircraft are affected, only PSS Airbus. All from 319 and up. If I disconnect from SB3, everything returns to normal. Help would sure be nice.Cheers

Guest jomata

I have sorted it out. For how long? That's a million dolar question.Here's my setup:LCD 19" monitor, 1280x1024 resolution.Graphics Card is a ASUS Extreme N6600GT (128Mb). The original driver is 7.1.2.4 and I had updated it to 8.1.8.9 in the end of December last.I roled back the driver as suggested. Back to 7.1.2.4.Apparently the freezing problem was over but another one came into the game.Running in windowed mode, any time the mouse pointer was moved over an app in the taskbar, the screen would go almost transparent and looked like 640x480 resolution. This would happen for a second or so and then return to normal. This was happening to all aircraft now. Not PSS panel driven only.I took a big breath, fully uninstalled FS9 and all add-on aircraft and scenarios.Cleaned the disk, cleaned registry.Reinstalled everything back, same settings as before. Remember, still on the roll back driver yet.Both problems mentioned above solved, but now, image was blurred, panels, outside view, everything blurred, like out of focus.Updated driver to 8.1.8.9 again.Et Voila, I got back my Flight Simulator in full splendor.What caused this whole thing? I reckon I'll never find out nor will anyone be able to tell me. Could have been the panel, could have been FS9, whatever.I'm back flying, that's for sure.Best regards to allJo

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.