Sign in to follow this  
Guest ktaliana

Nose wheel and rudder

Guest ktaliana

I have just purchased Airbus Pro and I have read many posts and adjusted accordingly.3 questions:The nose wheel does not turn while Taxiing..any suggestions?The rudder seems ineffective (on visual approach) although I set full sensitivity (I use a joystick swivel rudder which works well on other non-PSS packages I have)The plane seems to make too sharp turns when following flight plan..any suggestion to smooth the turns.Hope that PSS will address these and other issues as I cannot understand why good Airbus packages are so hard to find. Thanks Kenneth

Guest vrandar

Nose wheel: do you mean you can't see the nose wheel turning when in spot view, or is it that the aircraft is not turning. If it's not turning then this is usually solved by recalibrating your joystick in Windows. As an extra thing, you might want to set a button on your joystick to not actually do anything, in othe words make sure that there is no assignment for that button in Options->Controls. This might seem strange but I have found that at the start of an FS session and when I haven't used the joystcik for a while (for example when going to manual on finals) I need to "re-activate" the joystick by pressing that button first otherwise the joystick doesn't respond to any inputs. So I have a button which doesn't actually do anything at all except re-activate the joystick. I realise this is an odd, non-standard sort of solution and that it probably won't help you at all but it might just be worth trying. Rudder: if by any chance the above solution works for nosewheel steering it should also work for rudder control.Turns: These can be quite sharp but you'd need to provide a bit more info for us to see if it is anything out of the ordinary.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.