Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Lights

Guest Pilot53

Why doesnt the light switch work like on the A340? And why dont the wing/taxi/runway turnoff lights work? ANd the logo light switch should be integrated into the nav light switch, it should have 3 positions. And any chance to make the cabin temp selectors work like on the A340?Thanks,Mike Iacovetta

Guest vrandar

You've not said which aircraft are you talking about? If it is the A320 you need to use the Shift+L keyboard combination as the switch was not made active until the A330/A340s were released. Sorry but there won't be any patches or updates for the current A320 family.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest Pilot53

I did mean te A320, Sorry to hear that, I mean I've never heard of a payware aircraft without working taxi lights:(, but thanks for the reply.

>the overall quality of the A32X package shines every time a>new user doesn't realize the plane was designed for FS2002>(and therefore some of the 'little things' in FS9 environment>are not modeled on the aircaft).It's just not written anywhere on the PSS web-site! I fint it really strange to sell a product without having informed anyone, that the support is discontinued, that there won't be any updates or patches, that the lights do not work under FS2004. :-/ I think, since it is a payware add-on, it all smells like cheating the customers.More than that! What do we read in the product details?"A fully detailed aircraft model of the A319, A320 and A321 Airbus airliners for use specifically within Flight Simulator 2002 & Simulator 2004 including# Full night lighting inside and out# Strobes and beacons set to Airbus specifications"But that's simply not true!I wonder, whether I would buy the PSS A320, if I had known about all those lihts and FS2004 issues...But I still think, the PSS is a little bit better than the Wilco/FeelThere Product.Well, it seems that unlike the Boeing family there's simply no ideal Airbus add-on for MSFS. Too bad. :-(

Guest vrandar

There's no ideal Airbus yet partly due to the apparent difficulty in modelling fly-by-wire properly. I still think the PSS is the closest we have got. The PSS A320 is now 6 years old and as Scoob said, it does show just how good it was when it was first released. It is still good and I still prefer it to the FT/Wilco A320. It was patched in 2003 for FS9 and we have always said on this forum that there have been no plans to upgrade further either within FS9 or to FSX. I think that is a pity but you never know what might come up in future. I haven't looked at the description on the website yet but maybe the description could be improved.I think it is a bit much to say that you wouldn't buy the product because the taxi lights don't work. That was a product of coding changes introduced by Microsoft for FS9 and so presumably affected every other add0on that was upgraded rather than re-written. I'm sure there are things in LevelD or LDS Boeings that don't work exactly like the real thing either.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.