Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

A floor - Does it work right?

Hi all at PSS. I must compliment you on the quality of your airbus range. The aircraft are modelled superbly. One thing continues to confuse me however. I thought the A-Floor option which is part of the airbus design was there to prevent the pilots from stalling the aircraft. Therefore why when A - Floor activates on the PSS models does the aircraft fall out of the sky and even with intervention from the pilot the situation is unrecoverable. Can you please offer any advice on this subject?kind regardsDal

Guest vrandar

Unfortunately PSS didn't spend quite as much developing their Airbus range as Airbus Industrie did. I know, I know, this is dreadful and questions must be asked :) But the fact is they didn't, so inevitably some things aren't modelled as they are on the real world version. The protections are extremely difficult to program. In the case of alpha floor there is a limitation within FS itself which means that even though alpha floor is quite well programmed it cannot completely prevent a stall. If you get a TOGA-LK or similar on the annunciator, try switching off the autothrust then switch it on again. This should clear it and enable you to re-establish some control.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest speight

Just a few minutes ago, I tested the Afloor on the A320 and it worked fine, preventing me from slowing below the limit, but did not kick in th A-floor protection TOGA thr mode!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.