Sign in to follow this  

MyTraffic Killing Frame Rates

Guest byoung

Hello,MyTraffic is really killing frame rates at departure and destination airports. I have my AI % set at 72. Is this too high?I have the editor. Is there any aircraft I can remove that are resource hogs?Thanks!Barry

Barry:The best way to decide if an AI aircraft is a framerate killer is to turn on the frame rate monitor (shift +Z)and taxi up to it when its parked at the gate. If the frame rates drop substantially, you'll know this is a plane to replace. My general rule of thumb is the smaller the texture folder, the better for a given AI aircraft or repaint. I run my traffic at 60-65% and it's more than enough to keep from getting lonely while at the same time not sucking all the performance out of the sim.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

from what i have read my traffic uses the default AI in some repaints. I would remove these altogether and replace those repaints with PAI ones. Then you can edit your aircrafts.cfg (extracted from traffic.bgl) to reflect the new plane or you can edit the aircraft.cfg. I personally do not use any default FS ai because it just impacts the FPS to much. I only use pai and ai aardvarkCapt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 2400 XP MSI KTV4 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSB Audigy Gamer Ch Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

I agree with Dylan:Remove all default aircraft used as AI and replace them with PAI or AI Aardvarck.....FS Painter textures are (sometimes) a bit dense, so be careful as they can impact frame rtes, but I have a few of their rapaints as Ai and they work well.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest SlimDady

turn it off if u care about framerates

Not very helpful advice. Some of us care about frame rates, and want ai traffic. It is reasonable to try to find a happy medium. -Basil

Guest byoung

Where can I download the PAI planes?With the editor, how do I replace the MyTraffic re-paints? Do I remove them, and then add the PAI aircraft?Thanks!Barry

I agree basil, not very constructive! You can replace the defalt aircraft very easy by installing the same AARDVARK or PAI planes and just copying the TITLE from the defaulk to the new ones since this is what registers in the aircraft TX and then you will get a little bit more performance. I saw on the site for mytraffic a listing of what aircraft were new and what were used from default. You might not be able to find the liveries for all the default ones FYI.Keep in mind the % of traffic is listed in the flightplan and if they all have 10% then you will have all your traffic until under 10% on the slider.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi BarryIf you want great frames and AI traffic, turn down ATC to 48% because anything 50 and over, seems to have the same impact at 70% as it does at 100%. This is a good compromise that allows you some traffic and still allows you to fly around the airport!! Hope this helps you guys!!!!RegardsWayne CYHZ

Guest villajos

My reply comes over a year after the original post, but I think it's still good advice - if you want the best planes for AI use, get the Aardvark models. Just because a plane description says AI, that doesn't mean anything as far as framerates and the care the modeler took to make the model framerate friendly. PAI planes are OK, but I highly recommend you replace as many PAI planes with Aardvark as you can. I'm not an expert, but I know what works, and I've had dozens of Aardvark planes at an airport with hardly any performance hit, but as soon as I go to an airport where I have other models, the slideshow begins. For now Aardvark doesn